US$95
US$88
US$110
  • Pool
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$126/night.

US$133
US$122
US$97
US$90
Comfort Inn & Suites Evansville Airport(Evansville)(Great Value!)
US$112
ComfortInn
US$143
US$133
US$117
US$90
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$101/night.

US$123
US$115
US$109
US$124
US$115
All reviewssuburban extended staydecent ratesmall couchcoffee makerrooms are nicebiscuits and gravythe general managerlocation is greatflat screennon smoking roomstaff was friendlymicrowavepropertylobbybossdryerroomy
Reviewed 27 June 2017

PROS: Location is good, just at the back of Ross and next to car dealerships and a corner away from a bigger mall area (Target, Starbucks, etc.). Parking is ample.
Our assigned room is clean when we checked in and was promptly made ready since we came in early. Cleaning staff during that time was meticulous and training a new person very well. Hotel still finishing some rooms on the ground floor. The mini-fridge in our room is new, office chair is shiny, but the phone is old (had the wrong room number).
Breakfast is good for a 3 star hotel, definitely hot waffle maker is an advantage. Fresh apples, oranges and banana are a welcome sight.
Staff is very accommodating, friendly and courteous.

CONS: There are not enough cleaning crew and those in charged of the breakfast area. Takes time to replenish the food. Bed sheets are not replaced during our 4 day stay even with some visible syrup that I dropped on our first day. I had to grab toiletries from the cleaning cart since ours was not replenished.
Watch our for the stairs on the far end of the building...the top step is half the size of the rest of the steps...i see someone tripping or worst falling. Glass door is uneven, always getting stuck on the floor.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 June 2017 via mobile

We went to Evansville the weekend of June 23, 2017 with my daughter's high school basketball team for a basketball camp at USI. As soon as we got into our room (on the 2nd floor), we found our window open & it was u able to close due to a bar being bent, so maintenance was called to fix it. Since the window had been open & it was hot outside, our a/c unit had froze up& was not cooling off the room. We had to sleep in a hot room all night. Also when we first arrived in our room, we found a packet of cracked pepper that had been left on the table. We figured no big deal, housekeeping must have overlooked it. That evening, we go out to dinner & come back to the room with leftovers. We go to put the leftovers in the refrigerator, only to find an old pizza box still in there. We were not happy about that, but decided to let it go. Around 11pm I go to take a shower & there is used soap still in the shower! Gross! That was the straw that broke the camels back. I went down to the front desk & complained. The lady at the front desk was very nice & apologized. She offered to come up to our room & do a quick clean (it was after 11pm at this point) & clean the shower for us. I thanked her (after all it was not her fault, it was housekeeping's fault). She said she would have housekeeping come the next day & do a thorough cleaning. So the next morning comes & on our way out we stop at the front desk (by this time it was a different clerk) & ask if we can get someone to come fix our a/c because it was so hot the night before & had told her our problems from the previous night. She offered to move us to a different room so that we wouldn't have to worry about the a/c & we said that would be great & asked to make sure it was clean. We get back from that days basketball games & move our belongings to the new room. It looked clean, smelled clean, & the a/c definitely worked, however, when we walked into the bathroom. AGAIN, there was a used bar of soap. I went out into the hall & got the attention of the housekeeping boys (which they appeared to be about 19-ish) & they came & got the soap, but didn't spray any cleaner or anything where the soap had been. I asked if they had cleaned the shower & they said that they had. You would think that's where the trouble ended, but when we went to check out, they told us we hadn't paid for our room! How would we have even gotten a room key to begin with if we hadn't paid for our room??? We think there might have been some kind of mix up where they switched our rooms, but we're still not sure! In total, we had about 40 people with our group staying at this hotel. We were not the only ones who had issues. In my daughter's room there was an empty coke bottle under her bed, in another players room, there was a cigarette in their bed under their blankets, in another room there was an open Sprite can sitting next to their ice bucket, & yet again in another room there was a clump of hair in the shower! The hotel had been recently remodeled & the colors & decor looked great, but the cleanliness definitely needs extreme improvement. I would not stay in this hotel again.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank amandaashlynn15
Amber J, General Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2017

Thank you for sharing your concerns about your stay at our hotel.

On behalf of myself and our entire staff I would like to apologize for any and all inconveniences you had while at our hotel this past weekend. Our goal is to provide excellent customer service to every guest and for failing to exceed your expectations I am truly sorry. Maintenance and housekeeping departments were notified as well as front desk to ensure these issue's never happen again. If you would like to further discuss anything please call me directly.

812-477-6663

Reviewed 22 June 2017

Had booked this property passing through as it was fairly close to I-69 and to a meeting point. Had family in tow. Arrived and checked in OK. Got to room and learned the sleeper sofa is a single. Not a double to even a twin....let alone a queen as the listing has explicitly stated as accommodating 4 people. HUH....??? Never seen this before in 35 years of travel.

While they were able to move us to a lower priced double queen, they did not (or would not) reduce the nightly rate to match the AAA rate on Choice's web page for that room. When pressed for the credit, I was shown by the general manager the room was really $105.night. Suffice to say, and being polite, I'm less than impressed with the "customer first" mindset at this property.

Overall the property was recently completely renovated and appears nice....for now. It's clear to us the property was not complete when a large group arrived just after we did. Whether the renovation resulted in less room for the sleeper in the suite or not, the architect and owner regardless didn't do their homework or due diligence. And now the property markets a room which clearly can not accommodate the advertised number of guests.

Sleep was comfortable on what should be new beds with clean new linen...for now. Breakfast was typical, but added scrambled eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy and potatoes. So that's a nice adder compared to many other chains in this class.

A minor annoyance is the rooms were not serviced daily during the stay. We needed to seek out replacement towels/floor matts, TP rolls, shampoo and other staples. And no, the beds were also not made daily....even with the same linens. I'm low maintenance, so that doesn't bother me that much. Others will find it appalling. Hence the mention.

Let me also add, I follow the AAA diamond rating scheme. This is at most 2 diamonds....even if **we** avoided room problems other than not being able to stay in the desired room. Others did suffer however and I'll let them offer their own thoughts in their won words.

Overall at one time, I had experienced the Clarion brand name representing higher quality. This property isn't in that brand mold. And I really need to reconsider my lodging choice where Clarion and the other Choice hotels are involved if this is their stated lodging direction.

Room Tip: King suites only sleeps three unless one sleep in a crib...or on the floor.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Mike_Mac_Chicago
Amber J, General Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2017

Thank you for letting us know about your recent experience with our hotel. I apologize if our service did not meet your expectations and appreciate you taking the time to share your concerns.

I'm sorry if you were misinformed about the sofa sleepers in the king suites but we did try to accommodate you and your family's needs. Even moving you to a room type that was unavailable the weekend you were here. I honored the AAA discount as well and kept you in the same room for the entirety of your stay. Which was quite a feat considering you had two reservations, in two different room types during your stay.

I'm terribly sorry for failing to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed 13 June 2017

I stayed here one night on my way to KY and another night on my way back home to MO. I had a king suite non-smoking room both nights. The layout was great. The bedroom area had a door to separate it from the living area. I was traveling with a friend who stayed in the bedroom and I slept on the pull-out bed in the living area. It was nice to have our own separate areas since we didn't keep the same sleeping and rising schedule. The room was clean and service was great. They also have a very nice hot breakfast including eggs, sausage, potatoes, biscuits and gravy, and waffles.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Amber J, General Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2017

Thank you for taking the time to fill out our online survey.

It was so nice meeting you ladies and having you stay with us not once but twice on your trip. I'm pleased that you enjoyed our hotel and hope that you will come back and see us soon!

Reviewed 18 May 2017

The lobby is very inviting, and the decor is beautiful! Rooms are nice sized and have comfy beds. The location is pleasantly quiet and is still not too far from all the businesses. Staff is friendly, and they have a great free breakfast! We were very impressed with our stay at the Clarion, and we plan on staying there every time we are spending the night in Evansville.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family