“Roast Beef time”

Ranked #7 of 49 Restaurants in East Chicago
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: Fast food
Reviewed 5 August 2015

Good place for good quality meal my family really enjoyed going here for inexpensive meal with the entire family the staff is good people.

Reviewed 14 November 2014

The place is dirty and smells inside the service is poor and the employees are not welcoming. The beef is nothing to write home about and is way over priced for the quality and portion. Fires were good but once again small portion. I will never eat at Zel's again. Go to Pop's or Portillo's same price way better food and more of it.

Reviewed 4 December 2013

I've been retired since 1998 and Zel's was one of my favorite places to grab lunch when I worked in the nearby steel mill. The food is very good and the prices are competitive. My wife and I still stop here as it's great place to grab a sandwich when we're in mood and in the neighborhood.

Reviewed 1 February 2013

There are not a lot of good options in this area with all the plants. This was a surprisingly good find. Food was great and service was fast. I will recommend for take out only though. Not a lot of places to sit and was very cold inside. But regardless, if you are taking food into the plant you can't go wrong with Zel's.

Reviewed 9 July 2012 via mobile

Zel's has great beef sandwiches...and their fries are always extra crunchy and awesome. Their horseradish sauce is amazing! I have never had any of their other menu items because I love their beef sandwich so much, but my kids like their burgers and hot dogs too.