US$63
US$59
US$57
Red Roof
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$69/night.

Quality Inn(Huntingburg)
US$89
US$86
US$67
US$63
All reviewssanta clausshower pressurethird floornice place to staybeds were comfortablehot breakfastnice roommicrowave
Reviewed 7 June 2018

Pros: Close to (what little there is to be found) in town, fifteen minutes from Holiday World, clean guest rooms, comfortable beds
Cons: Overpriced for the basic nature of the hotel, would benefit from some minor updates

I stayed at this hotel more than a decade ago, and it appears not much has changed since then. That meant a pleasant stay at a place that is just now starting to show its age.

If you're visiting the area for Holiday World, this is likely the best option outside of Santa Claus. It's a mile or two outside of Dale, which has a few restaurants and markets, and there's a Wendy's, Denny's, and convenience store within walking distance. On the downside, the immediate area is ugly, as the hotel is at the end of a road that was turned into a cul-de-sac due to the construction of a new highway interchange. The amusement park is about fifteen minutes away, which I imagine is the reason most travelers end up in Dale, IN.

There was nothing remotely luxurious about the guest room (and the placement of the bathroom sink/counter adjacent to the door is a head-scratcher) but it was clean, spacious enough, and featured a comfortable bed that was welcome after two long days in Holiday World). That said, the price of the room seemed very high considering the nature of the hotel and the fact it would benefit from some remodeling (it's not worn, as much as it's outdated). I assume the price of the room is based on the fact there are few better-looking options in the immediate area.

Room Tip: The first floor rooms are near the lobby where breakfast is held, so it helps to be on the second or third floors.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 May 2018

Friendly staff, good breakfast and nice clean hotel close to Holiday World!! Room I stayed in need new beds but overall nice room with microwave, frig and TV. Nice clean bathroom and rooms. Seemed newly renovated.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 15 May 2018

I would stay at a different hotel - not worth the headaches that linger after you have left. I was charged twice for my room so was the 4 other families that stay with us. If you are planning to go to Holiday World stay at one of their resorts

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 7 May 2018

Upon entering the room we noticed that the torliet in the bathroom did not have any water in the bowl or the back of it. I walked my son downstairs bc he had to go and the bathroom in the lobby was backed up and a mess so I had to ask somebody in the hotel if he could use their bathroom fast before he had a accident. I then went to the front desk and the guys said What do you want me to do. I don't have another room to fit all of you. I had paid 30.00 more for a suite with a pull out bed so my son could bring a friend, He did give us a key for the room across and down the hall that we could go to the bathroom in, That was a pain. Never a I am sorry... Just a feeling of we was a pain. Bedtime comes around and we pull the sofa bed out and the whole end of the bed was caved in so one kids had to sleep sideways to even sleep on it. Thankfully he was small. Did not even complain about that bc at that point we were exhausted and just wanted to sleep!

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Baymont I, Front Office Manager at Baymont by Wyndham Dale, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2018

I'm so sorry for the issues you encountered during your stay. I assure you, this was not the way my staff should have addressed the issues. This has been shared with the General Manager and with the owner, and we have discussed it with the employee involved, explained how the issues should have been addressed, and taken appropriate disciplinary action.

Reviewed 1 May 2018

I decided to take my Dad and Mom over to Holiday World Splashin Safari, the trip was good and had a very clean and nice place to stay, Kinda wish there were most places around Holiday World to stay but this place was GREAT! The weather was a little on the cool side, so unfortunally we couldn't hit up the water park but my dad did ride most of the water rides with me and then mom told my dad that this one coasters was a wooden one I'd like to never heard of why did you make us ride that. Had no idea our hotel was so close to Owensboro, Kentucky so we had a lot to choose from in places to eat..

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank coreyw689

Thank you for your review. We're glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again in the future.