“A Wonderful Visit”

Scottish Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 Bremen B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 August 2016

My wife and I had the absolute pleasure of staying with Brenda and Homer for two nights. It was an incredible experience. We stayed in the King room. It was beautiful and very tastefully decorated and most comfortable. We had our own private entrance and spent one afternoon swinging in the hammock for two under some peaceful trees. Ever the gracious host, Brenda provided a first class breakfast and took extra care to ensure that everything was cooked to our liking. We were given excellent suggestions for dinner destinations and ate at the Corndance Tavern in Mishawaka. And, if you're an animal lover, you'll also enjoy the company of two fine Scottish Terriers, Mia and Vida. If you're looking for a respite from the daily grind and want to do it in style and with two great people, stop by and spend some time with Brenda and Homer. You won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: The King room is fantastic!
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 8 August 2016

Stayed here after going to a concert by Third Day in South Bed, IN and also went to the Amish Acres Arts and Crafts Festival. Brenda is very personable and is a great cook; our room was beautiful and breakfast was delicious! She even took my husband's dining preferences into consideration when she planned the menu. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 June 2016

This was a wonderful stay. The innkeepers were friendly, gracious, professional. Brenda couldn't be a better hostess and is a great chef as well. Our room was immaculate, well thought out and equipped with every conceivable convenience. The linens were to die for and the pillows were divine. Homer picked fresh chocolate-mint tea from his private garden for a special breakfast treat. If your destination is anywhere within 50 miles of this place, STAY HERE.

Stayed: June 2016
Reviewed 1 June 2016

Brenda and Homer have created an beautiful oasis that is so inviting and charming!
Our room was beautiful, bed was extremely comfortable and they have planned down to the tiniest detail. Brenda is a marvelous cook and baker. Love her new cook book with all her favorite recipes. From calling to check on us and when we would arrive to asking about the time we would like breakfast. I can't say enough wonderful things about this home away from home! We loved everything about it and totally enjoyed Brenda and Homer. I would highly recommend this B&B to everyone and we will definitely return again!!

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 May 2016

I wish I had found this place when my daughter was in college in South Bend. I've stayed in many hotels in and around the area, but Scottish B&B is by far the best. Large, clean, well-appointed room in a gorgeous, clean home, wonderful breakfasts, homemade cookies every day, friendly owners, and did I mention how clean everything is??!? Head and shoulders above any hotel you will ever stay in. I will never stay anywhere else when I visit the area.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
Brenda53, Owner at Scottish Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2016

Thank you so much, we appreciate you sharing your experience in "Amish Country" with us. I am sure you will be coming back to the University of Notre Dame for a game or two. Would enjoy seeing you again and I will make your favorite cookies.

Been to Scottish Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!