“Just go for crying out loud”
Review of Oliver Winery

Oliver Winery
Ranked #2 of 38 things to do in Bloomington
More attraction details
Owner description: Oliver Winery is Indiana’s oldest and largest winery and one of the most modernly equipped wineries east of the Mississippi River. With an award-winning winemaking team and distribution in 25 states, the winery is well-known for producing wines that reflect the flavor and character of the highest quality fruit. You’ll find an extensive but approachable wine list at the winery’s beautiful Tasting Room on State Road 37. Enjoy a glass of Soft Red — the top-selling wine in the state of Indiana. Or taste an estate-bottled vintage from Oliver’s 54-acre Creekbend Vineyard, a crisp glass of Beanblossom Hard Cider, or a dry Oliver Cabernet Sauvignon, Chardonnay, or Riesling. Oliver Winery also offers special events spaces for personal or corporate celebrations, from rehearsal dinners to holiday receptions. Tasting Room Summer Hours: Monday-Friday 10 am-6 pm; Saturday 10 am-8 pm; Sunday 12 pm-6 pm. Production tours available Friday-Sunday. Please call for details or group visit information.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase
Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

My wife and I visited Oliver's winery and I have to say I'm a "BEER" kinda guy and always honestly looked down on and even made fun of wineries and people who drink wine!!!
Not anymore!!! Heck yeah!!! I'm a full blown wine-O!!! and if you're a how it's made kinda tuff guy like me, well all I gotta say ladies is drag him in like my wife did me and he will be a wine snob like I've become!!!/:0)

All reviews
in 4 reviews
"different wines"
"fun experience"

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

This was our first time wine tasting and Kim was amazing on helping us through everything. He had a story to go with each wine. Of course, we left with 3 bottles of wine and recommend Olivery Winery as one of your stops.

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

Little did I know that Oliver Winery had such a diverse selection of wines. I've always enjoyed the soft red on my trips to visit daughters at IU. Today, I explored all the delicious and elegant wines that Oliver has to offer with help from Andrew at Oliver.

Andrew was very educated in all the grapes grown on the winery as well as all the various combinations and products available. To his credit, My husband likes "fruit"'drinks and I like a good Argentinian Malbec. Now how would you handle this....well Andrew did a great job. Provided me with the perfect selections and offered my husband his "fruit drinks" as well. Thankfully, it is the fall season and there were several seasonal wines for him to enjoy including Apple Pie.

Now I wouldn't normally enjoy something like the apple pie but I have to say serve it up with some vanilla icecream and/or heated up on its own and you have a tasty selection that truly tastes like apple pie.

Now I on the other hand...chose a Creekbend Tawny and Creekbend Chambourcin. The Tawny is a dessert wine with a butterscotch caramel bourbon flavor and the Creekbend Chambourcin reminded me somewhat of a Malbec with an oak barrel flavor. There were many others to choose from, something for everyone's tastebuds.

The tasting room is clean and welcoming and there is a vast selection of wines from dessert wines, semi dry wines to sparkling wines and the seasonal selections. After our tasting we sat on the patio and enjoyed grapes and crackers along with another glass of Creekbend Chambourcin. One suggestion would be to pack up your own picnic and enjoy the scenery. The grounds are beautiful and a great place to sit back and enjoy.

Thank you to Andrew for spending time with us and encouraging my husband to try new things. We had a wonderful time.

Reviewed 6 September 2017

Great variety of wines. Friendly and knowledgeable servers. Beautiful grounds !
Pumpkins sold for fall decorations!