“9/10 points for both food and 10/10 for service ”

Janko's Little Zagreb
Reserve with OpenTable
Janko's Little Zagreb is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 388 Restaurants in Bloomington
Price range: US$20 - US$50
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 6th & Morton
Description: Janko's Little Zagreb is the place for the best steaks in the Midwest. Located at 6th and Morton in downtown Bloomington, Indiana, Janko's Little Zagreb has been the home of tender, thick, daily cut steaks and an impressive selection of fine wines and beer for over 25 years. Open Monday through Saturday for dinner, Janko's Little Zagreb also serves excellent fish entrees and top-notch St. Louis-style barbecue ribs. Vegetarian meals are also available. Reservations are accepted and encouraged, and the atmosphere is casual and lively.
Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

They are among the best steak houses in town. The place was rather crowded but if you reserve a table in advance, you don’t have to wait long. We booked online just a couple of hours before going there. It is said that their meatballs are a must to have once you are there. However, I think it is not really special. I tried grill shrimps and my husband had T-bone. I love their rice. And you should try their dessert : cheese cake with blueberry and white chocolate. Their staff were so friendly and did a good job to make sure you were served fast and had what you need.

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

We celebrated my BF’s birthday here. We had a great meal. He especially loved his lamb chops. The service was perfect. We enjoyed our meal and my BF left feeling like he had had a treat. We will definitely go back.

Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

Janko’s Steakhouse has great steaks and meatballs. Mouthwatering....a must have in Bloomington. Parking a little limited at times, but worth it.

Reviewed 25 May 2018 via mobile

We have enjoyed many steaks at Janko’s for over 30 years. My fav is the steak kabob. This visit I took a work colleague who will be relocating to another state.
We were both salivating at the thought of tasty red meat. We each ordered a glass of wine, a half order of their famous meatballs as an appetizer. Check. The server and staff were friendly and efficient. Check. I ordered the Gypsy steak kabob, my friend a sirloin steak. We were busy chatting and eating...at some point I realized my “medium” steak kabob was burnt, dry, with absolutely no flavor. This morning I was still picking the charred pieces out of my teeth. I asked my friend (I was buying as a treat), if her “medium” steak was burned too. As my guest, I am confident that she would have said nothing unless I spoke first. I realized she had eaten only one bite of her steak. She took the rest in a doggie bag....I assume to be discarded. Her meat, too, was burned beyond recognition.
I asked to speak w/our server. (This part is my fault). I first explained that I was paying for the meal...no problem...but had a complaint, our meat was burned. I commented that the grill person was not the regular grill chef (the grill is out in the open and in fact by our table). The grill chef that I am accustomed to seeing was MIA. And, perhaps “he is new”. The server said she would speak to “him”. She asked if she could offer a complimentary desert. I declined.
Janko’s is noisy, frankly I am unsure what our server said. I am uncomfortable complaining...not my “thing”, as I have had a friend who ALWAYS complained.....then ask for a reduced bill, and then a doggie bag. I am not that person.
Lesson learned, I paid $120 (w/tip) for a meal that was horrible. Yes, I should have complained initially...I was busy talking and the burned meat did not cross my mind until too late.
Will my husband and I go back to Janko’s again? Yes. This experience was an expensive lesson....learned too late...and...I am a major wimp.

Date of visit: May 2018
3  Thank Jane S
Reviewed 24 May 2018

The title says it all. You CANNOT find a better steak in town. The so-called steak houses are just not anywhere near the level here. We have been here as a family about a dozen times. I've never had a less-than-stellar steak here. It's a great place to go for special occasions. HOWEVER, they are so darn expensive. If they'd come down a little, we'd be there a lot more often. Of course, the quality so good that they fill the place anyway, so what do I know? I consider myself fairly good at the grill, but these guys are masters.

Date of visit: April 2018