“Delicious food in great location”

Michael's Uptown Cafe
Ranked #4 of 363 Restaurants in Bloomington
Price range: US$6 - US$38
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood, Bar
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Uptown Cafe has been a Bloomington landmark since 1976. We serve Breakfast, Weekend Brunch, Lunch and Dinner. We are also known for our beverage program - serving fine wine and spirits, and craft beer and cocktails.
Reviewed 6 December 2017

Located right by the downtown square, Uptown Cafe is in a great location. The food is delicious. I particularly like their breakfast menu. It's casual dining with a slightly higher class feel :)

Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

Lots of good restaurants in Bloomington but we were so glad we picked Uptown Cafe to try. Hostesses super nice, waitress was so sweet & seemed very knowledgeable about the menu. I️ love shrimp & grits, but they are different everywhere. I️ loved them here! The chorizo & jalapeño in the grits gives them so much flavor. The cream brûlée was very good too . The 4 of us loved our food, dessert & relaxing atmosphere! I️ highly recommend this restaurant! Lots of interesting dishes on the menu, I can’t wait to go back (tho I️ will probably get the shrimp & grits again!!)

Reviewed 9 November 2017

The Uptown is consistently good -- from the breakfasts through lunch and their fantastic dinner entrees. It's our go-to for a nice meal out.

Reviewed 5 November 2017 via mobile

I have been here maybe 5 times for dinner, and the same for weekend brunch. The brunch is fabulous, especially the blueberry corn pancakes with a side of sausage. There is no better breakfast in Bloomington.

Dinner has been stellar only once. First, the pot roast was dry. Then the penne bolognese was inauthentic and boring. After that, the crawfish étouffée was just not very good. The last two times I ordered steaks with mixed results. First, the ribeye that I ordered was being phased out. It was discounted to $25, but it was as fine a steak as I have EVER had. (I cannot imagine why they dropped it.) The garlic-tarragon butter served on the side is uncommonly good. However, the last time I ordered the New York Strip, with the wedge salad. The wedge is quite good, if a tad expensive at $10. The NY Strip was mundane—no better than Outback or Long Horn’s,but considerably more expensive. What would have cost me about $28 at Long Horn’s was $48 here. IMHO, that premium is SIMPLY not justified. I will return for dinner, but will stick to a burger or shrimp and grits.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 5 November 2017 via mobile

This is one of my favorite restaurants period, let alone in Bloomington. Consistently great every time!