“Jiffy Treat is fine - but you can do better”
Review of Jiffy Treat

Jiffy Treat
Ranked #10 of 15 Dessert in Bloomington
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Dining options: Delivery, Takeout
Dining options: Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed 2 September 2015

Jiffy Treats has its pros - it is inexpensive and its cons - just about all the other local ice cream places in town are better. If it is summer, head over to Chocolate Mouse or to Brusters. If you like unusual flavors whether it is winter or summer you might like Hartzels (but their ice cream is less creamy than the other two). Chocolate Mouse also has vegan options. They do have nice hot fudge.

Reviewed 3 May 2015 via mobile

The other location was packed on a warm Sunday evening, so we drove across town to this location. Very busy, but virtually no line. Great variety of treats and food. My mom loves the hot dogs and especially the grilled ham & cheese.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

You can't go wrong heading to Jiffy Treat. They make their own ice cream and have plenty of interesting seasonal specialties like persimmon in the Fall. I'm puzzled by another review that that said they got bad ice cream, I have been going 30 years and never been disappointed. Make sure you tell them if you are not happy so they can correct any problems since it is a local place they take complaints very seriously.

1  Thank southernjenny
Reviewed 23 June 2013

I see people standing in line and I know this is a local favorite. So we went (again). Asked for two scoops of ice cream. The bottom scoop (the biggest) was so "freezer burned" tasted like bad ice. I took it home and threw it out. The small top scoop was pretty good. The apparently have many flavors - but they should at least have a way to check the quality. I had ice cream at another place this week and it was much, much better (NOT a Jiffy Treat or Treet)

1  Thank kitzg
Reviewed 22 February 2013

I was afraid to sit down it was so dirty. I don't see what the hype is about. It's ice cream...and it's just OK ice cream. Sad little store.

1  Thank Rathana B