“Still Cozy After All These Years!”

Royal Victorian Manor
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Woodstock
Royal Victorian Manor
Ranked #1 of 4 Woodstock B&B and Inns
Reviewed 8 July 2017

One of my favorite lodgings... ever

After being the first reviewer back in 2010; I thought it worthy to note that the Royal Victorian Manor is still tops in my book.

I've probably spent 150-200 nights in hotels, B & B's, etc. since my first time. I spent two nights at the Royal Victorian Manor earlier this month after four previous stays in the intervening years, and it remains one of my favorite places to stay ever.

Pros:

Best continental breakfast every morning included in stay. Occasionally Karla brings out some omelets -- very delicious!

Each room has character -- a different theme or decor, which makes it feel like your own experience.

The staff is OUTSTANDING -- Karla and Everton both helped during all of my four stays, and I can't say enough about how great they were. Their warmth and congeniality was the perfect salve for the hectic traveler.

You're about a six minute walk to the town square -- very easy to find dinner at any number of establishments to about 9:00pm (and the bars should have limited fare for some time afterward.

The view from the second floor rooms are very nice. And for the Groundhog Day enthusiast -- the front rooms are truly exceptional.

Cons:
None related to the Royal Victorian Manor. But for those interested in some old time vintage bowling I would recommend Wayne's Lanes (from the movie). Except in four visits in seven years, the bowling alley has only been open 25% of the posted hours. Hard to imagine we happened by during a bad time... three times!!!

We will definitely continue recommending the Royal Victorian Manor to friends and associates traveling to the Chicago area.

Room Tip: The two rooms in the front offer the best views, the north side room gets the early morning sun. Th...
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 5 July 2017

We wanted to come to Woodstock to visit a plant nursery there and thought we'd make it a fun little get-away at the same time by deciding that the Manor would be a good spot to stay, and it was! We had a lovely time meeting the owners of the Manor, enjoying it's vintage decor, a room with a view of gardens, and a stellar breakfast. We also found the town surprisingly fun to explore.

Room Tip: This is a quiet Bed and Breakfast with strict rules in order to protect the integrity of the home an...
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 February 2017

What a great time we had! Karla and Everton (the hosts) are delightful. The care that they have taken in restoring the house is great to see, it was like staying at a home away from home. We definitely plan on returning soon.

Room Tip: Victorian Suite and Royal Suite face the front of the house, if you are looking for the "Ground...
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 July 2016

My husband and I ended our whirlwind vacation with a weekend at the Royal Victorian Manor, and it was the perfect way to wind down and mentally prepare to return to our "real lives." The house is absolutely beautiful, tastefully decorated without clutter, impeccably clean, full of real wood (LOVED the hardwood floors throughout the house.) We loved the spacious, quiet common areas, which were great places to curl up with a book or a laptop or to play a board game (the hosts have several classic games available, which we enjoyed.) The front porch is also perfect for enjoying the sunset or the sound of the rain.

Our room was as lovely as the rest of the house, with a bed that was both ornate and comfortable and a bathroom with a luxury shower (three jets) and plenty of hot water. And the breakfasts were some of the best we've had -- we cleaned our plates every day!

The home is within walking distance of the historic square, which has lots of shops and restaurants as well as a movie theater. It is also close enough to the train station to walk.

Room Tip: If you are a fan of"Groundhog Day," see if you can book the room with Bill Murray's &q...
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 October 2015

This place is really nice! It is spotless! The rooms are fantastic, the breakfast was wonderful and the owners were so very kind! I would highly recommend this place if you are looking for somewhere to stay at or near Woodstock, IL. I look forward to staying there again sometime!

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple