“Beautiful B & B!”

Royal Victorian Manor
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Woodstock
Royal Victorian Manor
Ranked #1 of 4 Woodstock B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 February 2017

What a great time we had! Karla and Everton (the hosts) are delightful. The care that they have taken in restoring the house is great to see, it was like staying at a home away from home. We definitely plan on returning soon.

Room Tip: Victorian Suite and Royal Suite face the front of the house, if you are looking for the "Ground...
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 24 July 2016

My husband and I ended our whirlwind vacation with a weekend at the Royal Victorian Manor, and it was the perfect way to wind down and mentally prepare to return to our "real lives." The house is absolutely beautiful, tastefully decorated without clutter, impeccably clean, full of real wood (LOVED the hardwood floors throughout the house.) We loved the spacious, quiet common areas, which were great places to curl up with a book or a laptop or to play a board game (the hosts have several classic games available, which we enjoyed.) The front porch is also perfect for enjoying the sunset or the sound of the rain.

Our room was as lovely as the rest of the house, with a bed that was both ornate and comfortable and a bathroom with a luxury shower (three jets) and plenty of hot water. And the breakfasts were some of the best we've had -- we cleaned our plates every day!

The home is within walking distance of the historic square, which has lots of shops and restaurants as well as a movie theater. It is also close enough to the train station to walk.

Room Tip: If you are a fan of"Groundhog Day," see if you can book the room with Bill Murray's &q...
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 October 2015

This place is really nice! It is spotless! The rooms are fantastic, the breakfast was wonderful and the owners were so very kind! I would highly recommend this place if you are looking for somewhere to stay at or near Woodstock, IL. I look forward to staying there again sometime!

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 September 2015 via mobile

The house was more than I could ever expect. So beautiful and clean. The owners Carla and Everton were friendly, helpful, and had great personalities! They were very helpful in giving us tips of where to eat and what to see in town which is a short walk from the house. The breakfast was lavish and amazing. Our room overlooked the front arch and was pristine. This was the most amazing bed and breakfast I have ever stayed at. Highly recommend!!

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 May 2015

I have a trip to Illinois coming up in July and was really excited at the prospect of staying at the inn featured in Groundhog Day. Their website has no booking facility so I sent an email well ahead of time in March. The swift reply said they only took booking 90 days from the date in question and that they only took these by phone. Fair enough. So when it got to exactly 90 days from the date in July, I called. I was told to call back the following day, for reasons unknown. I called again the next day and got voicemail, so I left a message. I then reverted to email and they did then say that I could give card details in an email to secure the booking. All the while I was assured that the room I was interested in was available - indeed I assumed it had been at least provisionally booked for me given the fact that I had made so many calls (from there UK) and sent so many emails. I only recently remembered though that in spite of all the communication I hadn't actually sent those card details - which I would have happily given on day one if I'd had the chance - so I emailed these through at the weekend. Now they tell me the house is unavailable for that date due to a private function. What would have happened I wonder if I'd secured the booking a few weeks back when we were last in touch - presumably they would have got in touch to tell me that the booking had been cancelled retrospectively. Anyway I totally understand that it is an independent bed and breakfast run by a couple but I really think they ought to upgrade from pencil, paper and ansaphone for bookings. All very disappointing and more than a little frustrating.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple