Best Western Woodstock Inn(Woodstock)(Great Value!)
US$92
US$83
Free cancellation until 29/07
US$121
US$115
Comfort Inn(Crystal Lake)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 29/07
US$90
US$88
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$78
US$169
US$127
HolidayInn.com
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 18 October 2015

This place is really nice! It is spotless! The rooms are fantastic, the breakfast was wonderful and the owners were so very kind! I would highly recommend this place if you are looking for somewhere to stay at or near Woodstock, IL. I look forward to staying there again sometime!

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 September 2015 via mobile

The house was more than I could ever expect. So beautiful and clean. The owners Carla and Everton were friendly, helpful, and had great personalities! They were very helpful in giving us tips of where to eat and what to see in town which is a short walk from the house. The breakfast was lavish and amazing. Our room overlooked the front arch and was pristine. This was the most amazing bed and breakfast I have ever stayed at. Highly recommend!!

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 May 2015

I have a trip to Illinois coming up in July and was really excited at the prospect of staying at the inn featured in Groundhog Day. Their website has no booking facility so I sent an email well ahead of time in March. The swift reply said they only took booking 90 days from the date in question and that they only took these by phone. Fair enough. So when it got to exactly 90 days from the date in July, I called. I was told to call back the following day, for reasons unknown. I called again the next day and got voicemail, so I left a message. I then reverted to email and they did then say that I could give card details in an email to secure the booking. All the while I was assured that the room I was interested in was available - indeed I assumed it had been at least provisionally booked for me given the fact that I had made so many calls (from there UK) and sent so many emails. I only recently remembered though that in spite of all the communication I hadn't actually sent those card details - which I would have happily given on day one if I'd had the chance - so I emailed these through at the weekend. Now they tell me the house is unavailable for that date due to a private function. What would have happened I wonder if I'd secured the booking a few weeks back when we were last in touch - presumably they would have got in touch to tell me that the booking had been cancelled retrospectively. Anyway I totally understand that it is an independent bed and breakfast run by a couple but I really think they ought to upgrade from pencil, paper and ansaphone for bookings. All very disappointing and more than a little frustrating.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Joe C
Reviewed 16 June 2014

This B&B would not need it's notoriety from the movie Groundhog day to be a success but it only adds to the character. The grounds and Inn are impeccably kept. The furnishings stand out. The Owners/Host's make sure everything is to your liking and entertained us with stories and information about the house, the town and of course the movie. Very comfortable rooms. Every thing about the place has been updated and even though you get the historic feel of the house it has all the modern amenities. The town of Woodstock is everything a small town should be. It is as if you are back in time. Everything here created fond memories of our time spent at the house and in the town. Well worth the visit. Would not mind repeating the day.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are excellent but if you have problems with climbing stairs you may at least ask for something on the second floor.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Known for its prominence in the movie Groundhog Day, the Royal Victorian should be equally recognized for its elegant but inviting atmosphere and the owners/hosts who made our stay memorable from start to finish. On a cold February weekend, they added warmth at every turn. This included help in arranging our visit to Woodstock, wonderful conversation about their restoration work on the home, and myriad examples of thoughtful attentiveness to everything we needed. Rooms were warm, beds unbelieveably comfortable, and every corner impeccably clean. Breakfast was extraordinary, the presentation excellent, and the food plentiful. My wife and I are not strangers to B & B lodging, nor are we given to embellishing reviews for no reason. If you are planning a trip to Woodstock or would simply like to try the B&B experience, the Royal Victorian and its most excellent hosts are the perfect place to start. You will do no better.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple