“Everything is Yum!”

Helen's Deli
Ranked #8 of 41 Restaurants in Wood Dale
Cuisines: Deli
Reviewed 1 January 2018

OMG! You better grab a basket full of goodies before you stand in line at the deli spot, then check out with all your lunch/dinner goodness! Where to begin? Been coming here for ages because it is in my hometown of Wood Dale. When here, I may get their fabulous potato pancakes or Golabkis or their breaded pork tenderloin or their kielbasa or their frzn pierogies or their soups or whatever looks good (all!)! I keep coming back! Love this place! Friendly staff, too!

Reviewed 13 March 2017

Helen's is take out Deli with premade meals and a great selection of deli meats, salads and premade entre's. We have a large population of Polish people in our Town and they support Helen's. Helens has been there for at least 30 years.

Reviewed 5 March 2017

I'll definitely be back to this deli, even though it's a good distance from our home. I'll bring a cooler if I have to. Everything we bought was great. I wish they had hot food to go, but they do have cooked items that you can reheat, like veal and chicken cutlets, stuffed cabbage rolls, potato pancakes (which are amazing), chicken legs, and more. And a large selection of soups in the cooler. This is a one-stop Polish deli, they pretty much have everything you'll need.

Reviewed 9 April 2016

When one craves homemade potato pancakes, a huge variety of pierogi's and blintzes, fresh rye and REAL Krakus ham, a round trip of 180 miles is bupkus baby. Everything at Helen's is out of this world. The meat pierogi's are just as good as Great Grandma Bortnuk used to make. Stop in and treat yourself to some awesome homemade food. This is not the restaurant but the Deli. I've never eaten at the restaurant.

Reviewed 21 February 2016

We travel from Michigan to get the best. I ordered a few days in advance and was ready when I arrived. The golobki is absolutely the best, perogies are hand made, as is just about everything. I miss Helens and am always anxious to load up my coller to take home.
Absolutely fantastic.