“Next time I’m trying the gumbo”

Sweet Baby Ray's Barbecue
Ranked #4 of 41 Restaurants in Wood Dale
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 28 August 2018

It had been several years since I’d eaten there, and it was just as good as I remembered. The baby back ribs were meaty and properly smoky. The full slab was a perfect size for two meals. The sauce is very good, but not extraordinary. The big surprise was the corn maque choux. It was one of the best sides I’ve ever had. Cream corn with bell peppers and ham; it was great! The French fries were better than average.
I figure that if the next time I go I have the pulled pork sandwich. That will leave me enough room to try the gumbo.

Reviewed 6 May 2018 via mobile

We stop by fo ribs as we love sweet baby sauce. We had the sampler plate of everything they have. Price was ok 29.??. Ribs were ok and problem the best of the plate. If you like skinny ribs then this is the place for you, sausage has tough skin, burnt end I do not think that they were all ends as they did not seem like them as too thick and not burnt. The rest of the plate turkey, chicken, pulled pork, well they all tasted the same nothing special. Service was very good and for really came fast ? Maybe it was because it was Sunday. Beer was cold and was told by my better half that the bug barf was good . The Mac and cheese was real good. I can not saw meal was bad but it was just average I was hoping for meatier rib on that great sweet baby sauce but a two bite rib did not make it.

Sorry but that is how we saw it that day.

Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

This was my 7 year olds and I second visit to Baby Rays, but a first time for my wife and daughters. The place is not so big, about three booth seating, 3- 6 top and 1 - 3 seater. They do have outdoor space in the summer, picnic style. Food is good and reasonably priced. We were pretty much across the board with our selections and nobody complain about the food. It was all good.

Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

I stopped in for a quick bite on a Wednesday afternoon.

I ordered the 2 meat sampler with ribs and brisket, and some wings. The wings were very good. Nice flavor, cooked perfectly.
The ribs were decent, nothing special.
The brisket was very good. The thing I liked about their brisket is that it is lean. They trim the fat before cooking. What a difference that makes. The brisket has great flavor without being wicked greasy. And it has nice smiley flavor.

They have a plethora of sauces to choose from. I don't love the atmosphere there. You are watching their corporate video rerun and signs with corporate slogans on the wall.

It was a decent value and the food was good. I would return.

1  Thank Kentrosi
Reviewed 14 September 2017

WE had a small party catered in our home recently. I chose the firm because we had used it many years before and the ratings for this firm were very good. I found the company to be extremely expensive and the quality of the food to be Mediocre. WE had steaks and I could have gotten a better quality of meat at Costco. WE paid more than $125 per person and that was WITHOUT alcohol or appetizers. THe wait staff was fantastic, but I would not recommend this firm.