All reviews front desk customer service is premium room would stay again no frills small pet superior king housekeeping staff stayed one night room was clean midway airport a great place to stay past few years wifi worked well check in was quick the entire staff pleasant stay
Reviewed 24 September 2016

Traveled for visit to University of Chicago. The hotel is about 30 minutes south of the school, and about 15 minutes south of Midway Airport (so if you're traveling from the school, you pass Midway and to get to hotel).

It isn't most convenient to the school, but for the price it is a great value. I found property to be clean, comfortable and quiet. Staff was professional.

Area is great. A Target is right next door, so is a Denny's ( best Denny's I have ever been to). Across the street is a Potbelly's (sandwiches). There is also s Papa John's 2 properties down. All in all super convenient. Safe area. Would visit again even if it is a bit further away from the school than I'd like. For the price, can't be beat.

No fridge or microwave in room though :(

Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Yardielady
Tasha C, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Chicago - Willowbrook, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2016

Thank you so much for the great review. We are happy that you had a delightful stay thank you also for pointing out the description of our Standard Rooms. We do also have Superior and Premium room types available that are more spacious and offer upgraded amenities for a small fee. We hope you choose us again when you are in the area.

Reviewed 21 September 2016 via mobile

I went with a hotel right outside of Chicago proper so I didn't have to try and commute through chicago for 4 days. Was not at all disappointed got exactly what was advertised. Friendly staff and they made 3rd party reservations super easy, fiance ended up not being able to join bit we where still able to use her cc for the reservation.

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Travelled on business

Thank you very much for posting your review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay. Next visit, you should try our upgraded premium rooms that have pillow top linens, spa like shower heads Seattle's Best coffee, larger flat screen TV's and even a snack box waiting for you in your room. We hope you choose us on your next trip to Chicago-Willowbrook.

Reviewed 28 August 2016 via mobile

The area is off a highway and located immediately adjacent to a Target. There are lots of stores and chain restaurants in the area.

I booked this because Expedia suggested it was in the vicinity of Midway, which it is not. It is about a 20 minute drive to the airport.

The room was pretty standard. It had been updated recently, but still felt worn a bit. It was clean and worked for our one night stay.

Check in/out was easy and quick.

Would stay again if I needed to be in the area for some reason.

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank kristopherowens

Thank you for posting your positive comments. We are glad you were satisfied with the amenities and your stay. We hope you visit again when you are in the area.

Reviewed 11 May 2016 via mobile

This was my first RR stay even though I travel for a living. It was teriffic.
The room was modern and clean. The mattress was sublime and the four large pillows were clean smelling.
Also on the subject of clean...The towels had that faint scent of bleach which I like when using road hotel towels.
Very lovely setting in Willowbrook with little traffic noise and convienent shopping next door.
Best for last: the inn keepers on m no
both shifts were tops. Brandie and Emily are very helpful and genuinely caring.
Can't wait to get back. You couldn't keep me away. Thanks RR. Ill check out more locations now. I used to think you were too budget but I see it's more like alot for your money.

Date of stay: May 2016
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank MarkTowne
Alan G, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Chicago - Willowbrook, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2016

Dear MarkTowne,

I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Red Roof PLUS+ Chicago – Willowbrook. We always enjoy hearing about the positive experiences our guests have at our hotels. I will make sure to share your comments with the rest of our team and I know Brandie and Emily will appreciate your kind words. Positive guest feedback, like yours, is always an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Alan Gagnon
Red Roof PLUS+ Chicago – Willowbrook
i0167@redroof.com

Reviewed 23 April 2016

Based on the pictures on line, I expected more of this property.
My room is very average, located on the third floor. It is VERY busy. Only amenity of this property is coffee in the office which was not fresh and many times coffee pots were empty involving numerous trips to get a fresh cup.
The toilet was constantly making noise which could not be abated as there was an "insert" in the tank. Door to the toilet and shower needed to remain closed in order to had the noise quieted. Air conditioner was extremely noisy and even when it had reached the set/desired temperature did not shut off.
The "rugs" in the room were very thin and glued to the laminate floor.
I kept trying to find the "tissues" and finally discovered that a small package was placed in the sink area. The shower was adequate, however the tub was slimy on my feet. I had to wipe it down and it was yucky.
They do offer weekly rates which are not available on line and the person at the desk was kind enough to let me know and also adjust my rate to the weekly one since I am staying for a week.
NOTE: She also indicated the difference between "premium" rooms (which I had originally chosen) and the standard (less expensive) was not different except for the "snack" box...Sheets, etc. all were the same. A high price difference to pay for a "snack box". I chose to get the standard room after learning about that. This and the weekly rate amounted to about a $200 discount.

Room tip: Top floor rooms are probably quieter.
Date of stay: April 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Jane D
Alan G, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Chicago - Willowbrook, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2016

Dear Jane D,

Thank you for taking a moment to offer some feedback and comments in regards to your recent stay with us. We enjoy hearing from our guests and always welcome suggestions on ways we can improve our service and deliver an outstanding stay to everyone that comes to visit us. I thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again in your future travel to Chicago.

Alan Gagnon