“Whiskies & burgers with some other quirky stuff.”
Review of Spears

Spears
Reserve with OpenTable
Spears is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 96 Restaurants in Wheeling
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 14 May 2018

Staff friendly & effective.
Food entertaining and decent.
About 6 huge pages of whiskies from cheap to YIKES! - that's all I needed to know.

Reviewed 12 May 2018 via mobile

Great place that is well cared for by owners. Staff is happy to be working here. Fried deviled eggs? Yes. That exists here. Loved it.

Reviewed 9 May 2018

Had a nice lunch here - all kinds of burgers. I was steered away from the boar as it would have to be served well-done. So instead, I had the regular burger, but with the boar prep - brie cheese and blackberry compote. My dining partner had the chicken club with peppered bacon, avocado, Roma tomato, and lettuce topped with Pepper Jack cheese, and Creole mayo. We both enjoyed it and the service was lovely.

Reviewed 9 April 2018

We last ate her say over 6-months ago and the food was great. The parking is very poor. We tried to go there many additional times, but could not find parking. Unfortunately things change and mot for the better. The service was great, but their food quality has diminished. My wife had the Bison Burger and ordered it with the sauce on the side. Well it did not come that way. Instead of making a new entrée, they unsuccessfully scrapped the sauce off. My wife had to take a napkin and do the best that she could in getting the sauce off. I ordered the Waygu Burger to be cooked medium, which previously was a favorite. It cam rare, I had to return it. They did not make a new one but cooked it to say medium rare. Also it was very greasy. We both ate about half of our dinners. Sorry, but you have lost my support.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

This is a great place for sandwiches. I tried the turkey burger. It was made from scratch. Also had the very good homemade chips. If you bring the kids, try the cotton candy dessert.

Date of visit: January 2018

Been to Spears? Share your experiences!