“Mexican Seafood”

Add it.
Las Islas Marias
Ranked #55 of 96 Restaurants in Wheeling
Reviewed 9 August 2017

While I do like this place, especially for their multiple shrimp dishes, it's counterpart in the city gives larger portions. It is good though and I'll be back.

Reviewed 8 November 2015 via mobile

I've been to a few of these restaurants in the Chigoland area and so far none have let me down. Being from New Orleans where we know about FRESH Seafood, and SPICY food, means I'm very picky about what's good or not!!!!!
So this place holds good standards in quantity and quality for a Midwest joint!!!!!

1  Thank HaroldM3
Reviewed 24 June 2015

This is a seafood restaurant in the style of the Mexican state of Nayarit, which borders the Pacific ocean, They do not serve burritos or tacos or the typical style of food you would find at a Mexican restaurant around here. The menu has pictures of all the dishes, which is helpful. if you don't like shrimp with the shells on or an entire fish (with the head), you can see which shrimp dishes have the shells removed and which fish dishes are fillets, not the whole fish. I was there for lunch with my 86 year old mother who does not eat spicy food, so we needed options there were not too spicy and not too difficult for her to eat. She ordered a basa fillet in garlic sauce and I ordered a shrimp dish (shells off) in the same sauce. We were both very happy with our meals. They came with rice and lettuce on the side. There was complementary ceviche, fried corn tortillas, and a couple of salsas served shortly after we sat down. The server explained which salsa was very hot and which one was mild, which was helpful. Overall, it was a good experience and I would go back again.

2  Thank brian f
Reviewed 1 March 2015

Specializes in seafood -- many shrimp, clam, crab, octopus and oyster dishes. The food is Nayarit style -- which is a state on the Pacific coast of Mexico.
There are a few fish and vegetarian options as well but the focus is on the seafood.
Restaurant is located at the end a strip mall on the north side of Dundee. The windows face south and east, so there is plenty of daylight streaming in if you are there at lunch time.
There are four different bottled hot sauces at each time/booth -- plus the salsa/chips that are brought with the menus.

1  Thank illinoistravelere
Reviewed 9 November 2014

Good food and good prices! The shrimp was perfect and also the empanadas! Sad that we don't live close by because we really liked it

2  Thank CirceNiezen

Been to Las Islas Marias? Share your experiences!