“Birthday Dinner”
Review of Benihana

Benihana
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 96 Restaurants in Wheeling
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Dundee Rd
Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

Food was outstanding including all of the chef skills with knives and cooking utensils. I've been taking my kids, now adults, for this show and we saw a few new tricks which the granddaughters loved.
Order Plum wine with the food....a must, period!
Only disappointed...no dessert served when the meal indicated it would be served.

Overall a great experience for everyone!!!

Benihana M, Guest Relations Manager at Benihana, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2018

Randall, Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are happy to hear that you had a great experience.

Reviewed 14 May 2018

Our family, 9 of us, came for Mother's Day 2018. We made reservations about two weeks ahead of time through Open Table. I saw that online they offered the Lunch Special on weekends and figured this would be an affordable option for our large party with varied dietary restrictions. When we were seated we were given the "Mother's Day Menu/ Holiday Menu." I was confused because I saw that the Lunch Special was was offered on Sundays ...just not on holidays. This would have almost doubled the price of each of our guests and it did not include some of the food that we came there for. The General Manager was so accommodating when I told her about our issue. She personally took our order and let us select things from the Lunch Menu. I was so appreciative of her customer service- as were the two vegetarians. We enjoyed our food and the Hibachi show. This is one of our favorite family spots and I can't wait to come back!

Benihana M, Guest Relations Manager at Benihana, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2018

Our goal is to create great guest memories. We are pleased to hear we were able to do so for you and your family.

Reviewed 16 April 2018

Thank You Benihana Wheeling for another wonderful birthday celebration. We had reservations but had to wait a few minutes, it was well worth it to wait for our favorite, and the best chef OMAR. He is personable, funny, talks to the customers, remembers how I like my steak in other words the best chef there. Laura our server is also personable, funny and very attentive. All in all a great 15th birthday for my grandson, this was his choice of restaurant and he made a good choice.

Benihana M, Guest Relations Manager at Benihana, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2018

Debbie, Thank you for celebrating your special occasion with the Benihana team!

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

A staple place for great food and drink.Always a good time steak chicken shrimp and yes they have hand rolled sushi.Get the fried rice made right in front of you.Also a nice add on which is not on the menu is the garlic corn appetizer.So give it a try you will very hapoy you did.

Benihana M, Guest Relations Manager at Benihana, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2018

Steve, Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are happy to hear that you had a great experience.

Reviewed 21 December 2017 via mobile

Good Hamburgers and home made chips. Service was good, but a little noisy. Very active bar crowd. Cotton candy dessert for youngsters.