“Wonderful!”

The Original Granny's
Ranked #14 of 96 Restaurants in Wheeling
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 16 December 2017 via mobile

We are breakfast there and it was wonderful. So many things to chose from and the service was excellent. Our glasses never went dry. Everyone was super friendly and caring. We would recommend this place to everyone.

Reviewed 21 November 2017 via mobile

They have so many great breakfast options. The service is great and the owner really cares. I highly recommend this place!

Reviewed 21 August 2017

This place is absolutely amazing!

From the outside, you expect a standard, high-quality, family-owned breakfast place. Much better than any breakfast chain - with good food at a good price, and warm and friendly service.

Once you open the menu, prepare to be amazed. There are some unbelievable options, many of which absolutely must be tried. But don't just take my word for it - download their menu and check it out for yourself.

On top of all that, the owner and his family are the among the friendliest and most caring people you're likely to meet. Yes, The Original Granny's merits several return visits. All in all, a wonderful place to go!

1  Thank Demos J
Reviewed 23 June 2017

From the time you walk in George, the owner, treats you like you're family. The food is very good. My husband loves the gyros and eggs but do not overlook the special menu. It changes seasonally. You wouldn't think a diner has such creative cuisine but Peter, the owner's son, has created amazing seasonal specialties. I am a big fan of the chocolate mint pancakes- tastes like a thin mint girl scout cookie. The buffalo chicken omelette and the cannoli pancakes are not to be missed.

Reviewed 16 May 2017

The waitress who waited on us was very nice. She's the reason this restaurant got two stars instead of one. The food was uniformly awful. My wife ordered a bowl of oatmeal. It was primarily water. I've never heard of anyone making oatmeal anywhere I've traveled, and I've traveled a lot in my life. The front of the restaurant said Pancake and Waffle house so I thought it would be safest to order their pancakes. They were hot inside the stack, but cool on the outside, not warm enough to melt butter. The texture was interesting, I don't know how you could make pancakes pasty and rubbery at the same time. I strongly suspect that a microwave was involved, but I don't know for sure. I do know for sure that most of them were still on my plate when I left. This was the worst restaurant food I've had in years. McDonalds does better with the sausage biscuits you get in the drive through.