“Try Taco Tuesdays”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed 30 July 2017

We didn't know what to expect at El Famous Burrito, but when we got there and ordered, we were really surprised. I ordered a ground beef burrito with avocado and it was huge. On Tuesdays, they offer a Taco Tuesday which are really reasonable and they are not small tacos. If you are in the area, this is a place to stop. The staff is efficient and the prices are reasonable. More importantly, the food is good.

Reviewed 2 October 2016

I still love El Famous, however in the past 10 years the portions have gone down and prices have gone up. Not the best value, however good food. To use credit card you must order more than $5 and you have to pay extra for soda refills.

Reviewed 7 May 2016

This a true Gem of a dive. I have been going here for 15+ years. It is a true fast food Mexican restaurant with tons of flavor. The place is always busy. The flat top is always covered with meat grilling, or chile Relleno's etc. The Burritos are stuffed with your choice of items. my favorite is a Chile Relleno and ground beef (Picadillo) or Steak (Asada). They also make outstanding Mexican Sausage (Chorizo) which has a nice kick. You can have it with Eggs (Huevo) or without.

Try the Chorizo y Huevo in a taco. keep the taco simple, maybe some onion and cilantro and lime. let the meat flavor come through.

This is also the place i had my first Tostadas, Tortas and Sopes. Sopes are now a passion. They can get messy, but the flavor of the thick dough (Like a mini waffle) is worth it. This is also where i had my first Horchata (sweet rice milk). There Horchata has plenty of flavor. don't forget to ask for red or green sauce. The red has a kick, Green is milder.
They have a solid but simple menu.

This location has plenty of parking as it is in a strip mall. There are a few booths and a number of high tops.

I have been to a couple of the other locations, and the food has been consistent. The food is also very reasonable. you can leave full for $10 bucks.

Reviewed 4 February 2016

My lunch partner and I go to lunch at El Famous Burrito at least once a month and really enjoy their food. I have their 3 taco lunch special and a soda for $6.99. What a deal. They are so big, that I only eat one of the tacos, rice and refried beans and take the other two tacos home. I have entire dinner when I get home! I really shouldn't say this, because I don't want them to cut down their size because I love that I get two meals! The food is delicious and even though there might be a long line (especially on Fridays at noon) the line goes by fast. They are efficient and inexpensive, but mostly just plain delicious!

Reviewed 21 January 2016

Love El Famous! Best burritos around. Also tostadas, and taco are great. They even have a junior burrito that I like to order because the standard size are too big for me to finish. Best Mexican carry out around, however they do have tables and chairs for dining in. We have been going there for a couple decades.