All reviews home fries big room nice pool fresh towels hot breakfast room was clean per night nice hotel fitness center hotal luggage furniture oakbrook
Reviewed 21 July 2018

I stayed here just last weekend. When I got to hotel to check in I was told I had to wait till 3 PM. It was 2:45 when I got there. I said fine I will come back. I came back 1 hour later,the room was still not ready. I waited about10 mins,and then I was checked in.
When I got into the room it smelled like smoke. When I complained All I got was a hard time from the front desk.
The mgr finally said he was going to upgrade me to a suite,and was going to "Comp" me for the 3 nights I was staying there.
Well when I checked out on Tuesday, I was told he never said that.
After I tried to contact the Mgr,several times,he was never available. I was charged charged for the room,I am trying to get removed from my credit card.
I have stayed here in the past when it was "Clubhouse Inn and Suites. It is under new management,who has no idea how to run a hotel.
I could go on and on,but it does'nt matter. I just hope the Mananger of this hotel reads this.
He is a liar. And by the way,the help should learn to speak English.

Room tip: Go to another hotel.
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
chicagoclubinnsuites, Hotel Manager. at Chicago Club Inn Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2018

Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks for your stay at the Chicago Club Inn & Suites.
We regret the inconveniences you had with your stay like amenities and cleanliness.
We are taking efforts to offer our guests a better stay, but somehow it has not worked for you.
Your review is serious to us and we will take effective actions to check and rectify the mismatches and you can truly expect a better stay next time.
Hope to see you back,
Hotel Manager.

Reviewed 20 July 2018

The room was so dirty it looked like it had never been cleaned. The bathroom and tub was so disgusting had spiders in the tub in everything the sheets and pillow cases were dirty and full of hair. The floor looked like it had never been vacuumed or swept. This hotel is not worth a penny nor should they be allowed to rent rooms to people this. I really need to find the owner of this hotel not the manager but the OWNER and let them know this is not right to guest.

• Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Valued Guest,

Greetings from the Chicago Club Inn & Suites.
We are very much concerned with your feedback.
Our apologies for the bad experience.
Our endeavor is to offer a nice stay to all our guests but failed this time.
Actions shall be taken to improve everything on priority and you can have a good stay next time.
Hope you will reconsider.

Hotel Manager.

Reviewed 17 July 2018 via mobile

We arrived at this hotel to find the halls and floors outside of the rooms appeared to have never been vacuumed and the same went for inside the room. There was hair and soap scum in the shower and the curtain had stains all over it. The coffee pot and cup, hair dryer and coffee stuff itself had dust, hair and sticky stuff all over it. There was cigarette burns on the blanket and hair in the sheets. It was by far the most disgusting hotel I’ve been in yet. The food in the morning was terrible and there is a sign stating you cannot bring it back to your room due to ants. There was also these clumps of little black hairs all over the room itself as well. The mirror above the sink also had copious amounts of old toothpaste stains on it that had probably never been wiped. Please do yourself a favor and don’t come here!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
chicagoclubinnsuites, Hotel Manager at Chicago Club Inn Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2018

Dear Guest,

We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with such detailed feedback about your stay. We are very sorry to hear that several things throughout your stay did not meet your expectations. This is certainly not the experience we hoped you would have with us. Please note that your concerns regarding maintenance and housekeeping issues have been passed on to our Management Teams for immediate corrective action. We do hope you will give us another chance as we will definitely improve our services.

Reviewed 15 July 2018

We've stayed at this hotel for many years when it was called the ClubHouse Inn and Suites. It is now under new ownership/management.

First the good stuff: the staff is wonderful and friendly and we can tell they are working extremely hard to revive this tired, older hotel. The beds and pillows are some of the most comfortable I've ever slept on--a major improvement over what was provided under the former ownership/management in that regard. The location is central to everything that we like to do when we visit to Chicago, and the price is very good.

Now the "not so good": The pool could use to be drained and scrubbed thoroughly; the decorative tiles near the coping were very dirty. We could not close our bathroom door completely because it got stuck if we did. The A/C unit was quite loud and the water in the shower seemed very hard. There were stains on the ceiling, telling us that there is a leak somewhere on the roof above our room (2nd floor). Also, these rooms are being slowly remodeled; what has been finished has been done well but our room had lampshades and curtains that were clearly in need of replacement. There was a funky smell in our room, especially in the closet; the morning we checked out, there was an awful, skunk-like smell in the hallway.

A few other things to note: there is no elevator in this hotel so if you are assigned a room on the 2nd floor you will have to carry your luggage up the stairs. Management also posted a sign asking guests to not take breakfast food to their rooms, so if you plan to eat the free breakfast you'll need to plan to eat in the breakfast area.

Again, the staff is wonderful--they are warm, caring and seem to genuinely want to improve the hotel and please all of their guests. It's a large place for a small staff to maintain and they are gradually making improvements.

Room tip: Rooms near the pool tend to be loud. Rooms on the courtyard side have a nice view of the landscaping.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thanks for staying at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Galveston West during your recent visit to our area. We appreciate your review and the observations both positive as well as negative. They are precious to us and we shall surely take them for improvement. We are addressing your observations point by point for further improvement and you shall definitely see the difference during your next visit. We await your earliest next trip to our area and promise a nice stay with us.

Reviewed 1 July 2018 via mobile

Chicago Club is only a few miles from home but we needed a quick overnight escape. Chicago Club seemed like the best cheap deal. At check in and out the staff was very friendly. Walked into the room and the air conditioning was on and the room was very clean. The bed was comfortable, good pillows and hot water. The property is family friendly with areas inside and out to hang out which made it a bit noisey but not so bad that we would not return. All in all a good place to stay.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
chicagoclubinnsuites, Webmaster at Chicago Club Inn Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2018

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your kind words about our staff, our clean room, comfortable bed and our great location. Nothing is more important to us than the guest experience, and we’re pleased to be able to satisfy you so well. I hope you will have the opportunity to stay with us frequently in the coming months and years.