“Love the new menu!!”
Review of Bakersfield

Bakersfield
Reserve with OpenTable
Bakersfield is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 111 Restaurants in Westmont
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Blackhawk
Reviewed 30 April 2018

Really like the new menu with plenty of gluten-free choices and updated preparation options. I have always enjoyed the salads, but the new bowl selections caught my attention. It was time for an updated menu, and it doesn't disappoint. There were lots of items I would like to try. In addition, our server was very attentive and accommodating. I will definitely return.

Reviewed 12 April 2018

I really wanted to like this place because it is close to our office. BUT, the food was absolutely terrible. I had the spring rolls and after three bites, I could not eat anymore. The waiter (who was excellent) came by to ask if we were enjoying our food and I had to be honest. He asked if it was the rice noodles? I replied, "Yes, because the noodles are a white pile of wet, slime that is stuck in the roll". He said, "I thought so". He did take them off our bill and he did offer to bring something else. My husband had the French Dip and the meat was tough and the bread dry. Our waiter was outstanding, but the food terrible. Will not be going back.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

This was my 2nd trip in about 8 months and glad I gave them another chance.  Three of us decided to enjoy the special brunch menu.  The menu includes a choice of sweet, savory, burgers, entrees and Benedict's.  The perfect mix.
We had reservations and were seated right away.  The hostess staff is youthful, and courteous.  Our waiter, explained the menu specials and made a few recommendations,
The restaurant is known for their farm to table mea, items.  You can get gluten free dishes as well.  We ordered the crab crepes and they were quite yummy.  The order included 2 crepes with roasted potatoes.  We also shared a strawberry Belgian waffle, light and fluffy and it came with strawberry creme fraiche,
strawberry jam and of course fresh strawberry wedges.  We wanted another it was so good.
My mom ordered the mango glazed salmon, which came with grilled asparagus,  but we switch it for wilted spinach.  Glad we did.  Nice size piece of salmon and cooked to perfection.

I ordered an omelette and for the first time it was the perfect size. Most restaurants give you an oversized omelette with no taste. Not this time.  The eggs were fresh.

Service is good, prices reasonable.  Families welcome.  Can get noisy. In the summer they have an outside patio.
Will go back

All entrees came garnished with a small orchids type flower and was a beautiful presentation.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Late Easter lunch with family including children. Lunch menu was limited but nice choices. Options included breakfast items and hardier meals including steak, chicken and fish. Kids chicken tenders looked delicious and the kids ate every last bit. The Mac and cheese looked very homemade and also delicious. Truffle fries were delicious too! Great place for a late Easter lunch!

Reviewed 17 February 2018

We had a lovely dinner here while staying in Chicago with friends. It was a Thursday night after 8 - the restaurant was not too crowded and when I asked they gave us a table in their wine nook so it was quiet and cozy. The standout for the dinner were the Seared Tuna Citrus Salad and the Braised Short Rib. Both were fantastic - we will visit again when in the area. Good for people traveling with a variety of dietary wants/needs. :)