“Quality sushi”

Sushi House
Ranked #15 of 108 Restaurants in Westmont
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Reviewed 29 March 2017

3rd or 4th time here. Can't believe I haven't reviewed before. This is one of my standby sushi places when I'm in Chicago.

I like it because they have a pretty exhaustive menu of sushi rolls as well as a regular menu. That's not necessarily a departure from any other sushi place granted but pretty much everything I've had tastes great and is of good quality.

Westmont is a stones through from Oak Brook in a super nice suburb southwest of the city. The locale won't blow you away. It's located in a strip mall just off 83. It's small inside and appropriately decorated. Parking is easy. Service is good. I was there on business and they were almost too ready to take our order, even though I had said early on that we were not in a rush. We had several rounds of many varieties including some sashimi. Water glasses were always filled, dishes were removed soon after they were emptied and she insisted on bringing us new plates for our second round. I think the Dragon roll was my favorite.

Prices are pretty reasonable.

It's never been slammed there but they do enough traffic to always be there when I come through town. The sushi is made in the back, not in the open like many sushi places.

Definitely recommend.

Reviewed 2 February 2017

My daughter and I enjoyed sitting at the sushi bar watching the chefs make their delicious and beautifully fresh creations. The lunch special was a good deal offering your choice of two rolls for $12. Service was excellent! We will go back!

Reviewed 25 January 2017

It is astounding how good this sushi place is. Every time I'm home in Oak Brook I go here at least twice. The fish is very fresh and prepared quickly by expert chefs. My favorite rolls are the cracker roll, the godzilla roll, and the wild roll. However, there are SO many to choose from, so you should be able to find a lot of different options suitable to your taste. Their take out is also super fast and just as fresh, and they are happy to give you extra ginger.

Reviewed 26 October 2016 via mobile

This was my go to sushi place years ago when I lived in Chicago area and discovered sushi. Had drifted away to other sushi place. Happened to be in town and came back here. OMG - excellent! Everything was so fresh. Rolls had 8-10 pieces that I gave my best effort to finish by myself. Love the ginger dressing on the house salad. Will be back - too notch!!

Reviewed 21 September 2016

This wonderful little sushi place in the westmont area is a real little gem. This place has some really flavorful sushi and sashimi. The food items are authentic in taste. Staff at the restaurant were extremely friendly and helpful.
Highly recommend this place