“ALWAYS a GREAT place of sushi - you'll be happy you came”
Review of Sushi House

Sushi House
Ranked #14 of 111 Restaurants in Westmont
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Reviewed 23 June 2016

This is a wonderful sushi place to visit and return to - consistent quality of sushi, great and friendly service, and pleasant surroundings. Also, it is quiet enough to talk easily and hear what others are saying. We love this place and will continue to return.

Reviewed 12 June 2016 via mobile

A group of 8 of us with a service dog came in for dinner. Sat us in the big traditional table in the window. Excellent service! Incredible food. Would see recommend to friends and go again. Picture is of one in our party with her service dog

Reviewed 22 May 2016

We were looking for a sushi spot in Westmont after a day of running errands and checked Yelp and wound up here. It was 3p on a Sunday and we arrived as 2 different larger parties were leaving. We had the restaurant to ourselves except for the steady stream of take out customers who were plentiful. I knew that was a good sign. The restaurant is pristine and cozy. It's not a hole in the wall, but it's not a shiny modern sushi restaurant like so many new sushi places are these days. The place is more conservative with an intimate feel. It's quiet and great for a date. We started with the Sexy Mexican roll that was outstanding. We followed with another roll which was made with soft shell crab, also great and ended with the Crazy Lobster roll which was amazing. All fresh, all delicious. There are a ton of rolls to chose from. The restaurant has been named the best of the west for every year in the past 5-6 years. So whatever rolls were big sellers in those years are on the menu. The service was superb. Got a $5 off coupon for our next visit. We will be using it soon.

Reviewed 4 October 2015

The Sushi House in Westmont is a small location for on-site dining. It has a clean and bright appearance with the sushi chef's prominently located on the right as you enter, easily visible from all tables.
We are frequent Sushi House in La Grange, which has a very different layout with the long dining area and the sushi chef's in back. We wanted to change things up and try the original Sushi House in Westmont. I would have to agree with other reviews, that the Sushi House is Westmost does seem to be better overall - better specials rolls, and the cut of the regular sushi seems better and larger.
The staff does seem very busy throughout the process, but was able to provide quick service. We sat at the Sushi bar and did receive service in minutes whenever we wanted something whether it was to order, or get more wasabi, get more water, etc... There was no extra waiting.
I had the 8948 roll, and my son and i shared a Sushi Matsu (a sushi mixed platter of 8 pieces and a tuna roll). My son, who usually only eats pieces, tried the tuna roll and liked it. We then got additional pieces (my son is a growing boy and eats quite a bit). We enjoyed the miso soup and edamame. I had green tea and my son had one the special "sodas". I would definitely recommend the 8948 signature roll.
They have a very busy take out service with people coming in throughout the night for take out. Several customers were known by name and greeted warmly when they entered.
This was a special night where I take just one of my sons out, and we get some one-on-one time. Even with the hustle and bustle around us, we could easily have a conversation. I would recommend this for families, and I saw them accommodate some larger groups. On the busy days like Sat and Fri, I would recommend a reservation, but groups of 2 were able to walk in and be seating.
For couples, I think the setting in La Grange is better for a romantic dinner. This location is more bright. But if you both like the special rolls, this will be the better choice. Overall, I would recommend either of them.

1  Thank Zlch0c
Reviewed 30 July 2015 via mobile

My very first Sushi experience and this place made it best. We had Shrimp Shumai,Sake,Spicy crab cake roll,Albacore,Chicago fire roll. All of them were great in taste,I loved Chicago fire roll,spicy and sour.... This place shouldn't be missed!!!