“65th birthday celebration”
Review of Davanti Enoteca

Davanti Enoteca
Reserve with OpenTable
Davanti Enoteca is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Wolf and Hillgrove
Transit: Metra stop- Western Springs
Description: New restaurant just open last friday
Reviewed 16 August 2017

First time at this location. There were 8 of us. Disappointed in the service. We had to keep asking for water. Once our orders were taken our server didn't check in with us. Other servers had to bring us our drink refills. We had to wait a long time for our dinners, even though we had appetizers and salads. While we waited for our meals, our server brought 2 meatball for the table to share. .When our dinners finally came out they were in shifts. The 1st person was done way before the last 3 got their dinner. Portions were very small. The server was suppose to inform us which meals were meant to share and not meant to be a meal for one person. He forgot to this.To top it off he didn't remember the birthday dessert that we arranged when we arrived. Hopefully things will get better.

Reviewed 8 August 2017

Sat outside on beautiful night. The food and service was outstanding. Serena was the best. We were unfamiliar with many items and she was extremely helpful. Had the Ricotta/ honeycomb, gnudi and blondie dessert (OMG!). It was all good and we will be back. So many other things to try.

1  Thank jaackerberg
Reviewed 26 July 2017

Davanti is a regular for my family and we are never disappointed. My husband and I love the pastas (especially the cacio e pepe!!!) and the kids love the pizzas. The cocktails are tasty, too. A great spot for a date night, a night out with friends, or dinner with the family.

1  Thank nova5star
Reviewed 16 July 2017

We have adored Davanti since its opening. We go often for family meals. We have held showers, birthdays and anniversary parties there. The sauce and bread boards are wonderful as are the beet salad and pizzas. We love Sunday brunch.

Recently, we had a major disappoint. I booked a month in advance to celebrate my husband's birthday with family for brunch. I made sure the reservation included his birthday information.

On our special day, thing went poorly. 2 of us ordered eggs benedict both arriving cool. It was 10 min before the rest of the table was served. It was bad enough to eat cold eggs but we had to do it before others had food. Mine included an egg shell which I never like. The service was very spotting. Though there were few tables occupied, our server was MIA.

Having called the night before the event to reinforce that it was my husband's birthday, it was still missed. Not a word was said.

Things used to be a great deal better. We will take our business elsewhere for awhile and give Davanti a chance to get back to where they were. We miss the old standards.

Reviewed 5 July 2017 via mobile

I live in Louisiana. My family and I flew in to Chicago this AM. While waiting for friends to get off work, we found this little jewel! Absolutely awesome. We tried a little bit of everything. My son had a fire oven prosciutto pizza, which was very good - I don't say excellent bc when in Chicago one eats DEEP DISH! Lol. My daughter had the burger, with the cheese curds and 2 words - BACON JAM - OMGosh, this little condiment was worth coming to Chicago for. My wife had the turkey sandwich and chicken and corn chowder, which was very good. I had the gnocchi stuffed with ricotta and topped with red sauce - Holy Cow, Awesome (this is a smaller dish, but very, very rich and deep in flavors). We finished our dessert with the blonde brownie topped with caramel ice cream and the donut afforgota, which was a donut with a hazelnut ice cream which was topped with an espresso - very rich and awesome...now it's nap time! Lol. Highly recommend! Thank you for ur hospitality!