“Sandwiches and homemade guacamole”
Review of Taqueria Guerrero

Taqueria Guerrero
Ranked #45 of 149 Restaurants in Waukegan
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 6 March 2016

We had plans to go to a few other places after a show, fortunately for us, the other places were full and we did not want to wait. We saw this Taqueria we had passed and decided to go for dinner. What a pleasant surprise! There were 6 of us but we were able to get right in and sit down. We were served immediately and the waitress was friendly and helpful. The prices are extremely reasonable and the portions are large. I had the Bistec sandwich and it was excellent. My wife had the Queso Blanco and enjoyed it as well. In fact, all of us enjoyed our meals and there were left overs for a few of us. The food overall was excellent as was the service. We were served quickly and the staff were attentive despite a steady flow of customers coming in the door. Many were there for the show, however, there were many who were local residents so we knew we were in the right place. The guacamole was some of the best I have had. Creamy and flavorful and not real spicy. We were so happy we stumbled on this local treasure and will certainly go back the next time we are in Waukegan.

Reviewed 23 March 2015

Happened to be in Waukeegan at lunch time and checked out this taqueria. So glad I did. I've traveled in Mexico frequently and the tortas and tacos here are authentic and fairly priced. There are also lots of yummy looking seafood dishes on the menu but I only tried the delicious Caldo made with shrimp broth. If you find yourself in Waukeegan for some reason and are hungry, swing by Guerreo's and check out a little taste of Mexico.

Reviewed 6 January 2015

I've visited Taqueria Guerrero more times than I can count and it never disappoints. Its a tiny hole in the wall, so don't expect anything fancy. The tacos de carne asada are perfectly seasond. The chorizo tacos are great. My fave is the shrimp ceviche, it is out of this world. Very fast service and reasonably priced!

Reviewed 6 January 2014

I had various tacos that were all good, but the Chorizo was awesome. My buddy had the seafood soup which came in a huge bowl and he really enjoyed it. This was my first visit, but definitely not my last.

1  Thank John_Barrington
Reviewed 18 January 2013

It's a small ma and pa shop but those are the ones that have the best food. Their tostadas de ceviche are delicious!!!

1  Thank Dora O