“Best Crab Cakes ever”
Review of The Shanty

The Shanty
Reserve with OpenTable
The Shanty is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Wadsworth
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 28 January 2018

My wife had seen them profiled on DD&D. It is about 40 minutes south of us on 41, just south of the 94 split headed south.

Called to see if they take reservations, told none between 6-8 pm. I asked when does a wait start and was told after 6. Got there at 5:45 and were told a 45 minute wait :(. Got my wife a drink from the Bar ($5.50 for Barcardi and Coke). Sat back down and after only 15 minutes had our name called :)

I am doing Atkins, so avoiding carbs. We decided to share a couple of dishes. We started with the Crab Cake appetizer. Simply delicious. Cooked perfectly, the exact amount of sauce needed and a nice touch with some scallion. I have had many crab cakes and these just were wonderful.

Me shared a Shrimp and Scallop Saute and a Filet. Both dishes were very good and flavorful. The scallops were especially tasty. I opted not to get the House specialty Bacon wrapped Filet with Conch sauce, but in retrospect a little sauce would have helped since I was eating without an accompaniment to the Beef.

I was able to substitute a salad for the potato and I also had a Corn Chowder.

We will be back to try the Whiskey Shrimp and more Crab Cakes.

1  Thank Red S

Reviewed 27 January 2018

Top quality food, great waiters. Best Sunday brunch around and you won't believe the price for the fabulous food. I have eaten there probably 30 times and never had a bad meal. By far the best value around the area.

1  Thank bjbkc123
Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

We frequent The Shanty often! Staff is the best! The Owner is amazing. He makes every effort
to make sure your dining experience is one to remember! I have had many of the entrees but enjoy the smoked salmon salad. Hubby loves the fish and the burgers are yummy! Sunday breakfast is delish.

Reviewed 26 October 2017

I was driving from Chicago to WI and needed a bite to eat because it was getting late. I decided on a whim to stop here. The place is cozy and welcoming. I decided to sit at the bar and the bartender was very sweet. I decided to get the crab cakes, pasta fagioli and the red fish. The crab cakes came out cold so they sent me out another order. It came out fine but they still were not that great. (They took the crab cakes off bill..nice gesture). The pasta fagioli soup was not edible. It had all kinds of stock in it and it was some odd version of what it should be. The red fish was delicious and well done. The complimentary glass of wine was excellent too

2  Thank Anthony C
Reviewed 25 September 2017 via mobile

Hotel staff recommended we go for dinner. When we called for a reservation we were told we would have to come right away. I was hesitant but was so glad we did. Place looks like a shanty but really neat Lots of people and noise and great fun. Good selection of Scotch. Waitress told us to order seafood. My favorite dinner is perch as we are from Michigan and that is a local dish. I never had better prepared perch. Service was fast but we didn't feel rushed

1  Thank plabeau
Dimitri K, Owner at The Shanty, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2017

Thank you for visiting The Shanty! Our staff is happy that you enjoyed your meal, cocktail and fast service! We are glad you discovered us and we look forward to seeing you again next time your in town!
Dimitri Kallianis - Owner of The Shanty