“A palce that we revisited from many years ago”
Review of On the Border

On the Border
Ranked #11 of 127 Restaurants in Vernon Hills
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 1 May 2017

I am glad we revisited this restaurant after many years. The food and service were very good. The portions were large and very reasonable. Their Salsa and chips are very yummy!

Reviewed 30 April 2017

My last visit was a medium-sized business dinner. We ordered appetizers and drinks and then entrees. The food was just so-so, IMHO, but the service was actually pretty good with the servers both attentive and efficient.

Reviewed 28 April 2017 via mobile

Great food. Really great service. Marco is one of the best servers ever!

Busy Friday night and no wait, food came fast and hot. I'm a Mexican food snob, and I'm impressed.

Reviewed 25 April 2017

I was staying at nearby hotel and walked over here. The bar is open until 11 on Saturdays, which was nice. The two bartenders there were both friendly and efficient. Their large beers are reasonably priced compared with many other places, at least the beer I got was! The enchiladas I got tasted good too.

Reviewed 19 April 2017

When I went to this restaurant las night to review it for a writing project I was very displeased it took me half an hour to be seated and 20 minutes to get my food. The food itself was average for a higher price, I would not recommend coming here.