“Very Surprised!”
Review of Uncle Julio's

Uncle Julio's
Reserve with OpenTable
Uncle Julio's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #80 of 127 Restaurants in Vernon Hills
Reviewed 3 October 2017

I was impressed by the staff and the atmosphere. Our server was attentive and we loved having the table side Guacamole. Our food was Great, part of my husbands was missing and the Manager took care of it right away. I was glad to see that the Manager was on the floor and walking around. Perhaps a bit overpriced, but still a great meal.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

The salmon was delicious and what a fun dessert- the chocolate pinata. Very good sangria to go along with the delicious salmon! Was a little pricey, but worth it!

Reviewed 13 August 2017

Service was slow. We were not happy with our entrees. I tried a cheese enchilada and also had a beef one. My husband had the chicken enchilada. Instead of the red sauce we asked for the white sauce. Our guests did like the chicken dish and the fajitas but no one cared for the rice. The rice was dry and not very flavored and the white sauce on the enchiladas was a bit sour. The only thing we enjoyed was the table side guacamole. It would have been nice to have a manager come around.

Reviewed 11 August 2017

When it first opened, the service at Uncle Julio's left a lot to be desired. Now, the service is great and so is the food. I'm taking one star off for cost - I feel it is over priced. Ex. The skinny margarita (no, they don't taste like chemicals) is a 6 oz. rocks beverage that costs $10! To get around this, we go Monday - Thursday for happy hour between 4:30 and 6:30. We get those for $5.50, eat, and avoid the crowds. We did the chocolate pinata for my son's birthday. What a fun treat!

Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

There are at least a half dozen Mexican places within a few miles if Uncle Julios, and they're all good. Pick this one if you want a bit more atmosphere and selection along with your margaritas.