See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

Clean room, clean bathroom, and pet friendly. Microwave and refrigerator in-room. The ice machine worked. Friendly staff. No breakfast available, but there's coffee. Exactly as advertised and for a good price.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

The service is to be desired. The desk clerk when we were checking in was unpleasant, she was rude and acted like my family and I were the scum of the Earth. We got in the room, remodeled and nice. I went in the bathroom and closed the door, there were dirty towels shoved behind the door, crusty as well. I grabbed a clean towel to pick them up and take them to the front desk. Another guest was doing the same. The clerk (same one who checked us in) responded with that is our policy that the new guests bring the dirty laundry from the previous guests.
Needless to say, I will not be staying here again. Horrible policy, and horrible staff.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Shontel C
6Team, Brand Experience Team at Motel 6 Troy, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2017

Dear Shontel, Thank you for sharing your review. We are committed to delivering a clean, comfortable room and apologize for any failure in following through on that commitment during your recent stay. The customer service issues you describe are atypical to Motel 6 standards for quality, and we are sorry you experienced less than satisfying service during your visit. We invite you to contact our Guest Relations Department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 22 May 2017

Pro: Newer beds, flat-screen TV, microwave, and mini fridge in the room.
Con: Not particularly clean, strong odor of some sort of cleaner or freshener coming from the AC unit, surrounded by empty buildings.

Stayed: May 2017

Dear RYTrav, Thank you for sharing your review. We strive to provide a comfortable night's rest and are disappointed your stay was unsatisfactory due to the cleanliness and odor concerns you describe. Please know that the conditions you describe are atypical to Motel 6 standards for quality and we apologize for the inconveniences you experienced. We invite you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 22 May 2017 via mobile

Clean room but it smelled musty. Slow bathroom sink drain. I'm not disappointed based on the price I paid. It was a fair deal for the money. The bed was very comfortable.I wouldn't make this my 1st choice if I were traveling with my wife.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family

Dear Terrence, Thank you for posting your review. We are committed to delivering a clean, comfortable room and apologize for any failure in delivering on the commitment during your recent stay. Please know the maintenance conditions you experienced are an exception to our guest commitment and as such, we apologize. We invite you to contact our Guest Relations Department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 13 September 2016

Now of course, the best Motel 6 isn't the same as one of the pricier chains, but for the price, this was pretty darn good.

Friendly check in, interior corridors with just one entrance. The wifi was reliable; there was a real bathtub with lots of available hot water. Lots of chain restaurants nearby.

Best thing about it, though, was the bed. It was a really good, solid, new mattress. I loved that bed as much as Oprah loves bread!

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo