All reviews dinner dance birthday party function room free wifi sunday carvery an overnight stay single room enjoyable stay good nights sleep night's sleep stayed for one night comfy bed full english disco motorway junction bw
Reviewed 4 August 2016 via mobile

If you are looking to stay in Reading for leisure or business, you will find that the Calcot Hotel is the place to stay.

The Calcot Hotel is very welcoming and all of the Staff that work there are very helpful and friendly. The rooms are always clean,comfortable and pleasant. You will enjoy your stay.

If you are considering the Calcot hotel for a special event like a Wedding or Birthday party, I highly recommend that you choose this hotel. I recently got married at the Calcot and also hosted my Wife's 30th Birthday party, both of which exceeded my expectations.

It is very clear throughout my many dealings with the Calcot Hotel that all of the staff that work there are brilliant at their jobs.

I would like to especially thank Andrew for everything he has done for us. Andrew is the best Manager of a business that I have ever met.

Thank you to everyone that works at the Calcot Hotel, I really appreciate all of your hard work and dedication.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Paul M
Andrew_MacLachlan, General Manager at Best Western Reading Calcot Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2016

Hello Paul,

Thank you for leaving us with such a fantastic review! It's great to know when you've worked hard to make sure that your guests have an enjoyable experience that it hasn't gone unnoticed. We look forward to you coming back with family and friends to celebrate other birthday and events with us in the future.

Reviewed 4 August 2016

Stayed here for a weekend as we were visiting friends nearby. Our room was clean and was in good decorate order, the Bathroom needs updating esp the Shower as it was a fixed one so was unable to direct it also was unable to was my hair over the bath. The flooring and bath panel needs replacing as both had faults. The windows do open wider than mentioned in previous review there is a lever you can press and the Wifi worked brilliant.

Staff were very pleasant and friendly and very helpful. Sadly the food on Friday 29th was not that brilliant but understandable as they had a couple of hen parties and were quite busy.
Would we stay again.... yes as quite reasonably price didn't have the breakfast as I found it rather expensive for what I would eat .

Room Tip: Ask for a back room
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank VintageAl

Hi VintageAl,

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review after your recent stay with us. We're sorry to hear of your upset with the meal on the 29th in our restaurant. Despite there being other parties going on our food shouldn't suffer because of this, so we're saddened to hear that you didn't experience our best. In regards to breakfast we can charge for smaller items if you don't feel like having the full breakfast, but this is something you can enquire about on your next visit. Many of our bathrooms and bedrooms are going through an updating currently so I'm sure that the flooring issues you've experience will be rectified.

Reviewed 2 August 2016 via mobile

Conveniently located the hotel staff were friendly and helpful. Rooms were comfortable and clean. Rooms on the front do suffer from some road noise, our rear facing room was quiet, we enjoyed a good nights sleep. Breakfast was pretty good but pricey at £10.95 a head

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Charlesydarlin

Hi Charlesydarlin,

Thank you for the review about your recent visit to us. It's lovely to see that you found our hotel location to be convenient for your needs. It's great to read that you got a good night sleep and found the bed to be comfortable and the room to your liking.

Reviewed 2 August 2016

Went on a Friday, booked the restaurant and we all had the worst meal we had for years. I had a bad experiance once in a Benidorm in an all inclusive - this was worse.
I have had some really good food here in past years but on the 29/7/16 it was shocking.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family

Hi Stephen S,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review after you visited the hotel. Our restaurant team and chefs work very hard to make meals enjoyable for all, so we're saddened to hear that you didn't enjoy yours on 29th July. As you've stated you've had some really good food here in the past so we can assure you that this is just a blip and we hope that this doesn't put you off coming back in the future,

Reviewed 1 August 2016

My daughter had her wedding & reception here, could not have had a better time. The staff went beyond what was expected assisting us at every point, guiding us at what is a stressful time. On the day they advised, coordinated & soothed nervous people while still being professionally low key. I would have no hesitation in recommending them for your wedding day.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank sstringer4001

Hi sstringer4001,

Thank you for your lovely review about your daughters wedding day, from booking until the day itself our office staff and our duty managers make sure the bride, groom and family are all fully prepared to experience the special day ahead. We thank you for allowing us to make your daughters special day one to remember.