“Two business trips = 4 warm cookies”

DoubleTree by Hilton Chicago North Shore
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Skokie
Reviewed 3 December 2011

Stayed twice this autumn for business. Was pleasantly surprised. The rooms are ok, nothing special. The ergonomics of the bathroom door seemed to be baffling, however, staff was terrific, cookies were warm, location in northern Chicago suburbs was great. Parking is free. C'mon, how rare is that?
If you are looking for a better than average hotel at a good rate with free internet, free parking and conveniently situated, then this is the place for you.

1  Thank lefty713
DoubletreeHalley, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Chicago North Shore, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our wonderful property! We love the cookies as well, and you are right, how often can you find free parking in the Chicago area? What we lack in bathroom size we hope we make up for in staff friendliness and other areas under our direct control. We appreciate you staying with us on multiple occasions and genuinely look forward to serving you in the future.

Reviewed 3 December 2011

I was in Skokie for a conference and this was the conference hotel. I found it to be a great rate for this area and a pleasant hotel experience. What a treat to have a wonderful warm cookie after a long day of traveling. Their staff was also very professional. It was also great having complimentary wine in the evening during the weekdays. The hotel is in walking distance to an outside, upscale mall with good restaurants and a play area for children. They also helped me with selecting a taxi service (American Taxi) to and from the airport. I could not have had a better taxi driver (Sedrak). If you are visiting in the winter, there is a cozy fireplace area that is a nice relaxing spot. The restaurant is so so but with restaurants nearby, that is not a problem. I did not have time to go into Chicago but it would not have been a problem with public transportation. I would stay there again if in the area.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business

I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed our warm Doubletree cookies and our Wine Hour which runs every evening Monday thru Thursday. Hopefully there was a spot open near our lobby fireplace so you could enjoy all three at the same time! We definitely accomodate the conference traveler and are thrilled you were so happy with your experience. Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to review our hotel!

Reviewed 29 November 2011

We stayed over two nights during Thanksgiving while visiting relatives in Evanston.The hotel is a bit dated but it was very clean, the staff was great, and the beds were very comfortable. The cookies they gave out during check-in were yummy and the Christmas trees and fire in the fireplace made the lobby very inviting. The heater in our room was a bit noisy when it turned on and we were at the end of the building where we could hear the door opening and closing all night so noise was a bit of an issue for us at night. The location is great though - close to tons of restaurants and shopping (there is a mall with just about everything just minutes down the street and Panera, iHop, Old Navy, Best Buy and Jewel grocery store right next door) and it was an easy drive to Evanston. Parking at the hotel was free and there was plenty. The pool area was really nice. Its an indoor/outdoor pool and my kids enjoyed swimming from inside to outside (the water was a little cold though). We would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that's not on the end of the building or near the elevators.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
GMEric, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Chicago North Shore, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2011

We really enjoy hearing how the hotel meets the needs of families! Thanks for such great feedback - we hope to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed 28 November 2011

It's been awhile since I stayed at a Doubletree hotel and I was very pleasantly surprised with this hotel. The decor was modern and appealing. Room were nice and bed was comfortable. And the location is great, mall is just a block away. Only stayed 1 night for a meeting, and my flight was delayed so I actually was in the hotel from midnight until the following morning, just slept essentially. But when I opened the shade in the morning, that's when I discovered the vast options (restaurants and shopping) in the area. Next time I'll have to plan for a 2-day business trip! Excellent value for the area.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
GMEric, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Chicago North Shore, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2011

Great to have been of service! You've discovered the secret to our raving fans - great service, a really nice hotel and remarkable shopping and dining. We appreciate hearing when we've done well - hope we'll have the pleasure of your return visit soon!

Reviewed 25 November 2011

The customer service at this hotel was outstanding. I wish that I would have written down the individual's name that checked me in at the front desk. He really knows how to treat guests! I stayed for only one night and wished that I stayed longer! The location is great if you love to shop. It's about 3 minutes away from Old Orchard Mall. The location is also very close to NorthShore Skokie and Northwestern University. When you check in, you are greeted with warm chocolate chip with walnut cookies, YUM! After check-in, the front desk does a great job of directing you to your room and giving you information regarding all the amenities in the hotel. I took advantage of the business center and free printing. A great perk! My room? Spacious and comfortable. The only reason the hotel did not get 5 stars is due to the bathroom. It's a very small bathroom. I felt that the door hit both the bathtub and toilet while open. The bathrooms could use more square footage. I also should mention that there is a great hot breakfast buffet. It was a nice departure from the typical continental breakfast. Lastly, I want to mention that I checked out early and finished my meeting 4 hours prior to my flight. I wanted to change clothes so I went back to the hotel. The front desk directed me to an individual women's bathroom on the first floor where I could comfortably change and gave me directions to a business that I was attempting to find prior to my flight. Not only did he give me directions to the business but also how to get to the airport from that business! Great customer service.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
GMEric, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Chicago North Shore, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2011

We're so glad we were able to be of service! Thank you for the wonderful compliments about the hotel and the Skokie area - both are truly gems of Chicago's North Shore. We look forward to your next visit!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Skokie
1.2 km away
Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago North Shore/Skokie
1.2 km away
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Skokie
4.8 km away
Holiday Inn Chicago North Shore (Skokie)
5.4 km away
Holiday Inn Chicago North Evanston
1.5 km away
Residence Inn Chicago Wilmette
5.0 km away
Hilton Garden Inn Chicago North Shore/Evanston

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Chicago North Shore? Share your experiences!