“Reunion get away”

Chestnut Street Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Sheffield B&B and Inns
Reviewed 5 September 2017

My wife and I recently spent two incredible nights with Monika and Jeff. It was one of, if not the most wonderful Bed and Breakfast opportunities of the many we have experienced. Monika and Jeff are such passionate innkeepers and Monika's culinary skills are amazing. We know we have become friends in the short time we were there. We would highly recommend Chestnut Street Inn for an amazing Bed and Breakfast experience.

Room Tip: We stayed in the green room which offers two bedrooms and a separate TV room. We highly recommend th...
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
msudakov, Owner at Chestnut Street Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2017

Thank you Paul! It was a pleasure having you all! Look forward to next time! M

Reviewed 4 September 2017

I read a review of this B&B in the Chicago Tribune having won a coveted culinary award, and thought that since we lived 2 plus hours away it would be worth the visit.
Let me just verify This was totally worth the visit! We signed up for a cooking class with Monika and learned all about Moroccan cuisine and prepared 6 FABULOUS dishes. Monika is a brilliant, engaging, fun to be with chef- she is everything the website says about her and MORE. Jeff is delightful as well and both have a wealth of experience, exude wonderful hospitality and professionalism. A five star hotel and 5 star Michelin facility couldn't have treated us any better. The Inn is Gorgeous, meticulously clean and well maintained... and reflects a lot of history.
Visit here- you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Awww. Thank you!!! I so enjoyed cooking and chatting with you both! Monika

Reviewed 4 September 2017

Monika and Jeff are beyond wonderful! Breakfast and dinner was top-notch!!
We were served like royalty and treated like old friends.
A lovely bed and breakfast to which we will most definitely return!
Thank you for a most lovely stay!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
msudakov, Owner at Chestnut Street Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2017

Awww. Thank you! It was our pleasure!!!

Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

I chose Chesnut Inn for the food aspect I wanted to do a cooking class and boy Im happy I did. Everything was exceptional. The coziness of the home to the fire pit at night. Perfect getaway from the city. The food was out of this world. Way to go you two. Keep up the wonderful work. Thank you for your wonderful hospitality.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends

Our pleasure! Thank you!

Reviewed 2 September 2017

I had to go to central Illinois for business in August and my lodging accommodations were limited to say the least. After I expanded my search a bit, I found a lovely B&B in Sheffield, IL. I quickly called and Jeff could not have been more accommodating.

I knew I was in for a treat when Monika presented the first breakfast of many delicious ones to come. Both Jeff and Monika were wonderful in accommodating my crazy work schedule and when I had to leave for work at 5am a few mornings, there was always home baked foods, fresh food and a flask of delicious coffee (Jeff takes his coffee seriously, bless him!) ready for me to take to work. The other mornings I was treated to a heart warming fabulous breakfast that would last me until supper.

Monika and Jeff are gracious and warm hosts and I quickly fell into a routine after work meeting them in the kitchen for a chat of the days events.

When it was time to go back home, I felt like I was leaving behind good friends. Thank you so much for a very enjoyable stay!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business

Been to Chestnut Street Inn? Share your experiences!