“Great ambiance, good food and good location. Visit when you are around Ohare.”
Review of Mantra

Mantra
Price range: US$15 - US$25
Cuisines: Indian
Description: Mantra takes pride in serving Authentic North Indian Mughlai style cuisine from 11am to 10pm daily.
Reviewed 15 December 2015

Loved the ambiance. The owners have spent a lot on maintaining a certain look which also extends to their restrooms. They have ordered most of the furniture from India and it looks beautiful. Reached there on a saturday afternoon and it was fairly quiet with just one more table occupied. The manager was friendly and let us change the table when we asked to out of sheer preference. I asked for their best appetizer and he was quick to say that "try out anything and you wouldn't be disappointed". I let him know that I have not had good experiences with some other Indian places saying that to me. He then made specific recommendations based on what I was looking for. He seemed interested in getting to know our preferences and helping us order accordingly. The menu is also not a typical Indian restaurant menu. They have put some work into the items they offer. My friend and I enjoyed the appetizers and tea we ordered which encouraged us to order the main course. Items we ordered were Paneer ke Shooley, Adraki lamb chops, Pindi Chole, Missi Roti and Gajar ka Halwa , Kheer for dessert. Since they didnt have Kheer available, we received a replacement dessert as the Chef's compliments. It was a refreshing experience at an Indian restaurant where the food did have the flavors they were suppose to at a fairly decent price($$).

Date of visit: December 2015

Reviewed 22 October 2015

Nice place and decor, good food but the waiting time for food is ridiculous! Takes some time for the waiter to come to your table, and when he does and takes your order for drinks/beverage, it takes another 15 minutes for them to get it for you. I like the place, the food is quite good, but I wish they would work on their organization and time management skills.

Date of visit: July 2015
Anu S, Owner at Mantra, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2015

Hello Anna,
Please accept my sincere apology for delay in service. We are working diligently to make it a a quicker process as at Mantra every dish is cooked to guest taste and take a little longer. We are thrilled to know that you enjoyed the food and décor' and we look forward to see you again.
Regards,
Anu Sharma

Reviewed 15 October 2015 via mobile

I've had little experience with Indian food so perhaps I'm not the best judge. It was decent but not remarkable. Service was a little confused and disorganized. Wish them well, not my type.

Date of visit: April 2015
Anu S, Owner at Mantra, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2015

Dear Abenture,
We are glad you enjoyed the dinner at Mantra and tasted the Indian food for the first time. We hope that you will give Indian food another try even though this is not something up your ally.
We look forward to see you again.
Regards,
Anu Sharma

Reviewed 14 October 2015

The food is good, but to the spicy side. Each item comes separate, meaning a separate charge.. rice is charged separately-- a huge bowl is enough for several to split. The dessert is yummy, tiny cup. Heard from other table that soda refills are also charged for. The portion sizes are quite large, next time we will plan to share. The staff is extremely friendly and service was good. The lamb appetizer was fantastic.

Date of visit: October 2015
Reviewed 9 October 2015

Great decor and ambiance. But they were understaffed on a Tuesday night and it was almost 15 minutes after we were seated that someone asked about our order. The server was warm and friendly. We ordered two entrees - mantra paneer and the malai kofta. The kofta was really good but the mantra paneer's spice level drowned out its flavor. If you order this dish, ask for mild spice. The breads were good, the garlic naan was the best.

Date of visit: October 2015