All reviews the concierge lounge front desk room service woodfield mall business traveler key card breakfast buffet business stay checking out mini fridge shopping and restaurants nice stay staff was very friendly starbucks lobby highway chicago
Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

Had a wonderful time at the Marriott!

The rooms are nice - little small though!
But the comfort factor is High!

The staff is super friendly! Lot of food options in the hotel and nearby.

Ample parking space is a plus!

It is strategically situated near the Woodfield Mall and offers a rang of dining and shopping experience!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 August 2017

I attended a CME review course that was being held at the Chicago Marriott Schaumburg. I received a discounted rate on my room which was nice. This was the most amount of time that I have ever spent INSIDE of an actual hotel. Normally, I'm out and about, but between 10+ hour daily lectures and nightly homework that would take ~2 hours, I didn't leave the hotel for four days straight (which is basically my own personal hell), but this hotel made it bearable. I'll break down my review by pros and cons.

Pros:
-Super friendly staff. From check-in, to room service, to house keeping, to the bell hop and everything in between, everyone was great.
-Decent food. As previously stated, I didn't leave the hotel for four days. I had some meals delivered, but I also ended ordering off of the room service menu. I was really surprised by how good the blackened mahi mahi was. Good breakfast options too.
-Comfortable bed! Probably the best hotel bed I've ever slept in. I think it was better than my bed at home.
-The pool area looked very nice. I didn't have a chance to use the hot tub, but it looked clean and relaxing!
-Close to Trader Joes and other grocery stores.

Cons:
-Very, very loud. Constant door slamming. Unsupervised children screaming in the hallways and stairwell. Not just a quick, excited scream. It was a gaggle of children screaming, for no apparent reason, running up and down the hall. Repeatedly. For a very long time. This isn't really the hotel's fault. They can't help it if guests don't know how to close a door quietly or manage their *delightful* offspring, so bring ear plugs! Also, if your room is facing the highway, you will hear it.
- Rooms without a view. My room overlooked the roof. Normally I wouldn't care about something like that, but being cooped up in my room for so long made me really wish I had something to look at outside of my window.
-No refrigerator or microwave in the room. Not great if you're at the hotel for more than a night or two.

All in all, it was a good stay.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 August 2017

Stayed on business this week. Property is located just south of Woodfield Mall off the (IL-53) feeder road. Location is good for dining, O'Hare and many businesses. Rooms that face 53 (mine was) will hear highway noise. Check in was a breeze. Rooms are standard old-school Marriott rooms, comfortable bed and pillows, clean room and tiny bathrooms. Bathroom has been updated with glass shower instead of the tubs that most have., which was nice, but the bathroom overall needs enlarged somehow.

Bellmen that I ran across were all very friendly and the lady working the concierge lounge was a hoot. Great attitudes and add some positive flavor to the experience. Overall, nothing bad, just a standard Marriott with a lot of miles on it.

Management response:Responded 25 August 2017

Good Morning Mr. Mike,

Thank you kindly for staying at the Chicago Marriott Schaumburg. We are pleased you had enjoyed your stay at our property! Though our property is on the outdated side we make up for it thru our exceptional service and friendly staff! I am glad to hear that your check-in experience was a breeze! Sir Mike it has been a pleasure to serve you at the Chicago Marriott Schaumburg! We hope to see you back soon!

Kindest,
Dreya Aloria
Front Office Manager
50 N. Martingale Rd.
Schaumburg, IL 60173
(847)240-0100

Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

I've stayed at this hotel many times, it's nice & clean. Cindy at the front desk was super helpful at two different times during my stay. I wish the restaurant would have been open for dinner because the lounge gets full, but it's nice they offer room service at no additional charge/fee. Room service was faster than I expected too!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 August 2017

Place was decent. Would have appreciated free coffee/tea in the lobby like most hotels now offer. Rooms were clean and tidy. The place was very well managed. It was pretty conveniently located in Schaumburg.

Room Tip: I like the bathroom. It was not a bat tub and the shower area was great.