“Best authentic Chinese food ”

Yu's Mandarin Restaurant
Ranked #40 of 359 Restaurants in Schaumburg
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 15 February 2017 via mobile

Love this place so much! We have visited this place a few times by now and never remember to review it because it's like we'll be back anyway. I like to mention two special occasions. We came for Chinese New Year dinner on Saturday night and again for Valentine's Day dinner on Tuesday night.
Overall, I would say I can come back every week. As a Taiwanese, it's hard to find an authentic place that I would love to come for holidays because I cook Chinese food all the time! I don't like greasy or salty food either.
For CNY, we came as a family of 5, and ordered a lot! Here's the list I can remember.
*Whole fish (red snapper) in mandarin style: best whole fish I have had for a few years
Roast duck: crispy and good
*String beans: so yummy
Steamed clamps: fresh and good sauce
*Mei Cai Roast pork: favorite dish! It came with 4 buns, and we ordered another 4 because we always love it!
Eight treasure tofu pot: it's a good mix of seafood, veggies, and tofu in a clay pot.
For Valentine's Day dinner, here's what we ordered.
Peking duck: needs preorder 24 hrs before. It came with 8 wraps and so much meat. Love it!
*Spicy soft shell crab: spicy and crispy!
*Sichuan eggplants: so crunchy and tasty, but not too greasy or salty.
Oh, I must also mention their Taiwanese beef noodle soup. It's one of the best I had in the US. I had it three times already. Never disappoints!
Hope you give it a try and falls in love with it like me.

Reviewed 4 February 2017 via mobile

Took friends there for first time they loved it food was great , always full of Asians if Asians like it it's good Asian food

1  Thank Jeff L
Reviewed 28 January 2017 via mobile

We had a big party of 50 plus people on Chinese New Year. Even though the restaurant was very busy but the service and the food were still great. Good place to get decent Chinese food.

1  Thank chihchen69
Reviewed 27 January 2017

Had dinner with 8 people. Service was excellent, as was the food. It was the first time I was there and will definitely return.

Reviewed 29 December 2016 via mobile

Excellent chinese. Menu is a mixture of typical chou mein and authentic chinese cuisine. Extensive selection of seafood and vegetarian dishes. Service was quick, attentive without being rushed or overbearing. Get here early to avoid waiting in line.