“Less expensive alternative to DT Chicago”

Comfort Suites Schaumburg
Ranked #22 of 29 Hotels in Schaumburg
Ocala
“Less expensive alternative to DT Chicago”
Reviewed 1 November 2011

This was a clean, comfortable and cozy hotel that offered breakfast, a heated pool with a small fitness room that was conveniently close to the Woodfield Mall, Target across the street and several restaurants were in the area. It was about a 45 minute drive to DT Chicago but we had a car and change for the toll booths and we knew that would have to pay for parking which was no big deal because we saved a ton by staying in Schaimburg. We paid about $105 per night in Schaumburg while staying in DT Chicago runs $250 to $350 + per night. There was a large group of young people that came in on Friday night that was up late running in the halls but I was so tired from shopping and the beds were so comfortable that I fell asleep around midnight and slept like a baby all night long. The mini suites have small fridges, microwaves, and coffee pots as well as a desk, love seat and coffee table.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with noone above you and away from the elevators.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Clinton Township, Michigan
Reviewed 31 October 2011

Great hotel! Nice Pool! Perfect location from Hofman Lanes!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
Davenport
Reviewed 15 October 2011

I have stayed at Comfort Suites and especially the one in Schaumburg for many years. I will never stay at a Comfort Suites again and I will encourage everyone I know to never stay there either.

My reason. We were there for our 29th Anniversary and my wife brought our two little dogs which we keep in a kennel and are potty trained. I was not aware of a no dog policy nor made aware of a no dog policy, nor was there a sign posted anywhere I could see that said no pets.

No one said a word to me about the dogs which I just carried in, and when I got my final bill it said I owed $102.00 and it was marked paid. A few days later $150.00 additional was put on my bill because of the pets being brought in.

Had I known the policy and the possible fine, obviously I would not have brought the dogs in. I talked to the management and tried to explain and they basically said screw you! It's not the money so much as the principle of the thing.

I have been a repeat customer for years, made a legitimate mistake, and absolutely no grace was extended. Apparently I'm just a number. To bad for Comfort Inn. I recommend paying in cash if you do business with them. If they have access to your credit or debit card I'm sure they will find a way to dip into your pocket a little deeper.

Room Tip: Find a different place. Hold onto your wallet.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank dannylorentzen
CS-Schaumburg, General Manager at Comfort Suites Schaumburg, responded to this review, 28 October 2011
Dear Sir,

I would like to offer my apologies for the misunderstandings that have occurred. I assure you if the staff was made aware that you had dogs they would have informed you immediately of our policies. It also states on our registration cards immediately above the signature line; Pets, with the exception of A.D.A. certified “Service” animals, are not permitted and violations are subject to a fine.

Even though we are not pet friendly many other Comfort Suites hotels are. Please do not let your experience with us deter you from staying with other Comfort Suites locations in the future. I would suggest that you contact the hotel in advance and verify that they do allow pets and their policies.

Nancy, France
Reviewed 18 September 2011

We stayed two nights at this hotel, in July. Coming from France, we land very often in Chicago and used to stay each time at the Hampton Inn located on the same road. Because this area in Schaumburg has everything we need: excellent restaurants, a Dominicks and a Target store, a great Mall (the Woodfield Mall), a very nice movie theatre... So when we heard that "our" Hampton Inn was now a Stay Inn, we felt desesperate !! We didn't want to stay there and so decided to try the Comfort Suites. We were very, very satisfied with our choice. Very nice hotel, the prices are similar to what we were used to pay at the Hampton Inn, and similarly close to all what we wanted.
I travel with my sister, so we had a two-double beds room, very large and comfortable. Our plane usually lands around 1pm, so we are never hungry on our first night, but like to have a glass of some good California wine with cheese and fruits. So we enjoyed the area in our room with the sofa and the little table, for our lite evening meal ! And the fridge also, of course.
The hotel has a nice indoor pool but we didn't use it, finally. It also has a pretty little patio, outdoors (by the pool), we used it for relaxing, in the evenings.
The breakfast was very good, and the area very clean. We had small waffles and eggs with sausages, a good coffee, apple juice... All what we needed for our shopping day at the Mall !
The exterior of the hotel is very clean, lots of trees, very calm and relaxing.
We are very happy to have found an other hotel we can trust for the next times we'll be landing in Chicago. We can't wait to come back there !

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank CathyAnne
CS-Schaumburg, General Manager at Comfort Suites Schaumburg, responded to this review, 22 September 2011
Your time is valuable and I appreciate you writing a review regarding your recent stay at the Comfort Suites, your home away from home.

Every member of our team takes great pride in their work and delivers the best guest experience in town. Our high expectations for cleanliness, customer service and amenities set us apart from our competitors.

On behalf of our entire staff here at the Comfort Suites, we appreciate your business and kind words. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you visit Schaumburg, IL.

Lake Orion, Michigan
Reviewed 13 September 2011

We have stayed here three times on our previous three trips to Chicago. Good employees, clean rooms and location make this the place to stay for us. We will stay here again.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple