All reviews woodfield mall front desk room layout king suite free breakfast sausage sleeper sofa mini fridge and microwave stay there again waffles hyatt place the air conditioning shopping and restaurants nice size nice breakfast the breakfast area pleasant stay
Reviewed 9 February 2016

Comfortable and very spacious room. We were on the top floor so noise wasn't an issue. All attendants were friendly and helpful. . I love that they cook their oatmeal for breakfast and it's served in a large metal pot and it's not instant.

Room Tip: We were on the top floor. It was very quiet.
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family
Claire W, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Chicago Schaumburg/Woodfield Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 29 February 2016

Hello Matthew S-

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay here at the SpringHill Suites Schaumburg. I am pleased to read that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us, and that you were able to celebrate your grandson's birthday.

Thank you again for the review, and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 30 January 2016

First of all the hotel is under renovation. I am not complaining about that, in fact the stay was great. Everything was great until I asked for a taxi. I asked for a taxi to get to the airport and the gentleman behind the counter said "no problem there will be a taxi right out front at 4:30AM waiting for you". Now at 4:30AM your options are limited by simply not being able to get another one there at that time. So, I com outside to a town car and a $54 fare to the airport. This included a rub the credit card on a paper machine and call it in type of payment! In my opinion the night staff is compensated for getting you a town car instead of a taxi! I was pretty pissed off and tried like hell to post a review on Marriott.com, so one star lost for a shady "taxi" and another because clearly Marriott wants to make it difficult to review their hotels. So here is one here! I am going to stay there again in a few weeks and the manager and I will have a sit down, Far from happy but will not penalize the entire hotel for one crook and Marriott's policy of making it nearly impossible to post a review on their website.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled on business
Claire W, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Chicago Schaumburg/Woodfield Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2016

Hello TravelerfromArizona-

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am disappointed to hear that your stay was negatively impacted by the taxi service you received upon your departure. I can assure you that I will be investigating this situation and following up with a representative from the taxi company that was referred. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and look forward to speaking with you more during your next stay. Thank you again for the review!

Reviewed 27 January 2016

Stayed in this hotel for an overnight trip to Chicago. We were promptly greeted by a nice girl at the front desk and check in was quick. She told us that we were in a newly renovated room and explained about the construction going on. The room was very nice. The only downfall was that the mattresses still seemed to be old and were uncomfortable as well as the pillows. I had a rough night because a lot of light leaks in under the door and lights up the room. You can also hear a lot of the noise people make when walking down the hallway. I forgot shampoo so ran to the front desk to ask for some and a very nice guy was happy to help. Despite the uncomfortable bed, I did enjoy my stay. I can't comment on the breakfast because I didn't stay long enough in the morning for the breakfast time.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
Claire W, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Chicago Schaumburg/Woodfield Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2016

Hello Therese7215-

Thank you for your review! I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! However, I sincerely apologize for any shortcomings you experienced in regards to the pillows/bed, and light leaking through from the hallway. I can assure you that I will look into each of these issues and address them individually.

I hope that you will consider giving us another chance if you ever find yourself back in the Schaumburg area.

Thank you again for the feedback!

Reviewed 6 January 2016

We booked a package deal on Marriot's website and when we went to check in no one knew what it was supposed to include. Then we were stuck waiting for them to try and get their act together when we wanted to be out and about. I would not recommend the hotel as the room was rather "blah" and the employees weren't that helpful or friendly.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
Claire W, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Chicago Schaumburg/Woodfield Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2016

Hello JuddA_84-

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am disappointed to read that we were unable to exceed your expectations during your recent stay here at the SpringHill Suites. It sounds like we failed to meet the mark and I apologize on behalf of the hotel and the entire staff here. Please rest assured that your comments have been shared with the appropriate departments so that we are able to correct these issues moving forward. I invite you to give us another try and experience our newly renovated guestrooms if you ever find yourself back in the Schaumburg area.

Thank you again for your feedback!

Reviewed 30 December 2015

Kudos to the Front Desk Supervisor, Sean, he let us open our Christmas gifts under the Christmas tree in the lobby; Operations Supervisor, Edgar, he did not hesitate to look for the other half of the charger I was borrowing for my laptop ; Housekeeping Attendant, Ester (not sure I remembered correctly), every time we come back to the room, it was always more than I expected. All of them were very professional and very much accommodating. I am very impressed being a hotelier myself of the excellent guest service they provide. The only thing I wish and hope they would have is bacon at the breakfast bar. But other than that everything was great and it made me feel like home away from home, even if there was construction going on. The best so far of all the 3 locations I have visited this month.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family

Hello Donna M-

Thank you for your review! We genuinely appreciate the feedback and want to thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I will be sure to pass along your kind words to Sean, Edgar, Esther and the rest of the team here! I am so pleased to hear that you truly enjoyed your stay here and our appreciated our level of guest service. We look forward to hopefully seeing you again soon, Happy New Year!