“A good option on a warm evening”
Review of Henley Beach Hotel

Henley Beach Hotel
Ranked #12 of 47 Restaurants in Henley Beach
Reviewed 24 November 2017

The main Henley Beach area was crowded with people escaping the heat on a warm Tuesday night, so I walked an extra block to see what the Henley Beach Hotel had to offer.
Everything was good. Atmosphere pleasant, my preferred beer was on tap and cold, the serving staff were attentive and efficient and the food did its job.
I had a beef schnitzel with mushroom sauce, which can sometimes be a tricky pub grub choice. But it was fine. Importantly, the chips were perfectly cooked.

Reviewed 15 November 2017

This hotel was chosen by our friend as we were taking him out to lunch to thank him for having us while visiting Adelaide. The meals were quite good and the service as well.

Reviewed 7 November 2017 via mobile

My wife and I decided to check out the Henley Hotel for dinner mid week. The service was average and the meal not much better. When I ordered the meals and drinks I was directed to the bar where the bar person had no record of me paying for the drinks. This was soon resolved but an uneccessary inconvenience. My meal came with a minimal amount of pepper sauce, so little that more than half of the food was consumed rather dry. The salad consisted of three small pieces of prepackaged lettuce one eighth of a tomato and a couple of slithers of onion and carrot. No bread was offered or served with the meal. Overall a poor experience.

Reviewed 7 November 2017

Our group of four booked a table for lunch. We arrived and presented at ordering counter and our table was pointed out. We reviewed the menu and then went to counter to order. Three food orders made but my order (chicken Schnitzel) wasn't available (apparently chicken hadn't been delivered) so changed the order to fish and chips. Drink order also processed (we used Ent Card and got appropriate discount). Collected drinks from the bar and returned to table. Three meals were promptly delivered, Just waiting for fish and chips. Waiting, waiting, waiting. It was suggested that maybe the kitchen had overlooked my order so I went back to order counter. Kitchen hadn't missed my order it hadn't been put through. I mean ?? So replaced the order and paid for meal (only later on the way home realising that EC discount was not applied). Meal finally arrived as other party members were finishing their meals. The 1st three meals received positive feedback. Fish and chips were underwhelming, I couldn't finish the dish. As we were leaving we noticed other tables were having sliced bread delivered but none made its way to our table. Overall disappointing level of service. Its shouldn't be hard to take an order when you are standing 1 metre apart, knowing that there are four people on a table and make sure bread is delivered to each table.

Reviewed 12 October 2017

Well set out dinning area,when we were seated it was directly under a airconditioner ,So we asked if we could move and they were quite happy to reseat us elsewhere.when ordering meals we required special needs for our granddaughter and they were quite happy to help us

1  Thank Maurice F