All reviews no elevator met my expectations yogurt short stay breakfast bar hot and cold items one night stay a nice place to stay would stay again first floor downtown st charles family wedding king suite shower head non smoking room beds were comfortable cleanliness
Reviewed 10 October 2017

We stayed one night in a second floor night. There isn't an elevator in the hotel but its only a two floor hotel. The room was clean and large. It was a two double bed suite. The bathroom was tiny especially given the size of the room. The room was expensive for the quality but all the hotels were more expensive than typical. There was some sort event going on in the area. Room was fairly quiet except for the slamming of doors by other guests. Parking was ample and hotel was by the main road.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 September 2017

The hotel is old, smells of smoke even in non-smoking rooms. You can tell the non-smoking rooms were smoking room in the past and now they call them non-smoking. Toilet had a ring of mold growing in it. It's a run-down hotel in need of a major update. But that's my biggest complaint. I have a service dog and was treated like someone with a pet. Clerk said I had to fill out two pet forms. Told her (repeatedly) my dog was a service dog (seeing eye guide dog) and I wasn't going to fill out pet forms (weight of my dog, emergency phone number in case the dog was left alone and barked, etc.). I finally got her to realize I wasn't going to leave until she stopped calling my guide dog a pet. Then she, oh soooo nicely, said she would waive the pet fee. Told her again I didn't have a pet - it was a service dog. She then hands me my key and points to the hotel map and says, "Here is your room it's one of our pet rooms." I was ready to choke her or call the police. Told her that if I went into the room and it had scratched on the door and smelled of pee I was going to come back for a regular (not pet) room. By the time we got to the room, I was too tired to keep complaining and just accepted the room. Net morning at breakfast the manager comes in and tells me I have to sit in the lobby and eat breakfast because no pets are allowed in the breakfast room. Told him that was a good rule, but since I didn't have a pet I wasn't moving. He insisted and I pulled out my cell phone and told him I'd call the Saint Charles police. The manager left. He was back 10 minutes later and told me one of the guests was allergic to dogs and I'd have to leave. I asked him where the guest was because the breakfast room was empty. He insisted I leave and I refused. It was obvious the corporate philosophy was to consider all animals pets in disregard to the law. If I had more time I would have contacted our lawyer.

Room Tip: If you have a service animal DON'T stay here.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ron H
Reviewed 26 September 2017

We were upgraded from a standard room to a King Suite because I am a Choice Privileges Member. Our room was huge! We had a nice wet bar, fridge, microwave. Our room was very clean and everything in it looked new.

Free breakfast in the morning featured the usual make-your-own waffles, eggs, sausages, cereals, pastries, fruits & yogurts.

The only down side to this hotel is there is no elevator and we had to lug heavy suitcases upstairs.

The location was good, nice restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Linda_R1801
Reviewed 21 September 2017 via mobile

What a nice place to stay. Our room was well kept and nice and quiet.
We got a treat and free bottle of water when we arrived. What a nice surprise.
Good service and good meal. Nice grounds. Would stay again.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 September 2017

Our thanks to Lalit Patel, General Manager of the Quality Inn and Suites in St. Charles Illinois and his staff for providing exceptional service to provide for our race car. Our needs are out of the ordinary and security was of great importance. Our room was very well appointed and the breakfast was wonderful. We would very highly recommend this hotel to anyone who is passing through St. Charles Illinois.

Room Tip: The mattresses are first class !! A great night's sleep ..what more can you ask for ?
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Racer52_12
Lalit P, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2017

Dear Guest,