“Very good chain steakhouse”

Morton's The Steakhouse - Rosemont
Reserve with OpenTable
Morton's The Steakhouse - Rosemont is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 87 Restaurants in Rosemont
Price range: US$40 - US$60
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: River Road
Transit: River Road on the Blue Line
Reviewed 15 January 2017

As an upscale chain steakhouse, I consider Morton slightly better than some of the other chains. I came to the Rosemont branch for dinner with a colleague. We shared ahi tuna tower as appetizer and I had filet mignon as my main course. The ahi tuna tower layered with diced ahi tuna on the top, salsa, mango, avocado and then crusted fried wonton at the bottom. It came with some tortilla chips and was delicious but I wish it had more tuna in the mix. The meat quality of the steak was very good, well-prepared but slightly lacking in characteristic. Compare to other upscale chain steakhouse, I consider an A-. I had a glass of Malbec from Mendoza Argentina which I enjoyed with the fillet. Lastly the service, the waiters and waitresses were warm and friendly but I thought they were a little pushy even though the restaurant was pretty empty the whole time we were there.

1  Thank VJH95

Reviewed 1 December 2016

Always great, reliably great service and undeniably great food.
We will always return for any special occasion we can.

1  Thank Jimc82
Reviewed 5 November 2016

Morton's knows steak - excellent steaks and chops for all in our business group of 7. Salads and sides to match - all good! Wine list is wide and deep, incredible selection, and certainly not bargain priced.

Service was good, not great, although we certainly didn't have any issues to report. Tables are small, and close, making the seating quite tight. At peak hours this would be a challenge!

Prices are...high. This is a good restaurant, but average for it's price range.

Reviewed 29 October 2016

Did not have dinner here but sat at the bar and had a few drinks with friends. Friendly service and good atmosphere.

Reviewed 15 October 2016

We had dinner at Morton's as a (business) private party of 16. We were seated in a lovely private dining room on the lower level. From the time we entered until we left, we had consistently friendly and attentive service. (I don't know the name of our main server but she had red hair, and had worked there for 28 years). Food was excellent! Filet cooked to perfection; scallops and shrimp just average. Super interesting sides, which were fun to share.

1  Thank NanC258