“Good, but $$$$$”

Morton's The Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 87 Restaurants in Rosemont
Price range: US$40 - US$60
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: River Road
Transit: River Road on the Blue Line
Reviewed 28 May 2016 via mobile

Yes I know you get what you pay for. On that note, the food was excellent. I had the Chicago bone in Ribeye. Was slightly overcooked, but good. Now my wife got the New York, and that was phenomenal. Salads are huge, sides are tasty. Had creamed spinach, horseradish mashed potatoes, our friends had mushrooms and spinach, and grilled asparagus. Deserts were also very good. Creme Brulee was goid, wife had chocolate explosion I think it was called. Chocolate overload. The thing that gets me is 15 dollars for a cocktail. Needless to say, we settled on water. For 4 people, the bill was just shy of 400 dollars, and that's with only drinking water. Good meal, but at those prices, will try another steakhouse next time.

1  Thank Russ P

Reviewed 23 May 2016

Morton's Steakhouse offers tasty food served in a setting with a lot of noise and little ambience. Service was average in terms of speed and the wait staff was aloof but professional. Prices were high and portions too large for most folks. I did not have to pick up the tab, but if I were paying for dinner in this area I would not return here.

2  Thank Richard E
Reviewed 8 May 2016 via mobile

With all the up-scale steak houses out there, Mortons is by far one of the most consistent for quality choice cuts of steak. The only reason I didn't give this location 5-stars is because of the layout. While I do like the bar and main seating area separated, I didn't realize there was a lower level dining area until half way through the meal. We ate at the bar and although the food was fantastic, you have to go downstairs for the white table cloth experience - which is what I enjoy for a $40-$50 steak. Call ahead and get a reservation if you want the full experience.

1  Thank Scott C
Reviewed 7 May 2016 via mobile

We stopped in recently for a business dinner with some customers. My customers has never been to Morton's so this was a great experience for them. We spent the first hour in the having some drinks while continuing to talk shop. The bartender was great, attentive and helpful for drinks. The table was ready, they let us take our bar tab to the table which does not happen everywhere these days. The actual dinner area is downstairs in a very very classy area with white table cloths. The waitress for dinner was fabulous explaining the menu and very attentive to it group of 7. WOW every meal was prepared and presented perfectly from top notch Filet to Alaskan Salmon and Olive prepared Halibut. All the side dishes are made for two or sharing so be careful ND don't order too many. Oh yea the desserts were out of this world and really topped off the evening. The GM, dressed quite fine I might add stopped by to check on us and dinner to make sure everything was perfect and it was. The overall price at the end was on the high side but I was looking for the customer experience and wow we got it. Thanks Morton's for the great experience !

1  Thank 007BigBlue
Reviewed 7 May 2016

Decided to have dinner in the bar area during happy hour. Good prices on food, appetizers and drinks. Small plate selection was very good, although the chilled shrimp seems a little pricey.

1  Thank Tom M

Been to Morton's The Steakhouse? Share your experiences!