“It don't get much better than this, Authentic Authentic!!!!”
Review of Minghin Cuisine

Minghin Cuisine
Reviewed 1 January 2017

Walking into this Chinese restaurant, is like walking into a restaurant in Hong Kong. AKA Hong Kong style bright, modern quick efficient, great presentation, everything hot, and tasty, yet very family friendly.

Hong Kong style vs country or family style Chinese food.

We ate there New Year's eve Dec 2016 a Saturday nite at 6:30pm. Fortunately we made reservations.. Our party of 5 adults had a table by ourselves with surround screen for privacy, no yelling or talking loud to hear each other. That was a plus.

Everything looked sparkling clean and bright. I'm so happy when I see a spin-able lazy susan top. It makes it much easier and fun when ordering and then eating the dishes. Oh, and fresh made dim sum at 7pm at night, That a plus, plus in my book for Chinese restaurants.

I'm using the menu names they have in english, so if you eat at this restaurant you can order exactly what we ordered. Another plus is every dim sum item as well as every dish they have on the menu, displays what the dish looks like and ordering is through a notepad (I thin ipad)

Over 65 dim sum choices!!! excellent! We only ordered 5 items from the dim sum menu, to save room for the main dinner entrees.

Dim Sum: Steamed shrimp dumplings, Beef short rib honey sauce, baked bbq pork buns, and after dinner, mango puddling and egg custard tart.

Honestly my wife and I have eaten at many restaurants through out the United States. Our home place is Denver. Food at a mile high and food close to sea level, does have a different taste, consistency and moistness level. Just a comment.

The dinner entrees were: Rice noodles with Beef (Chow Fun),

Beef Tenderloin with black pepper sauce,

Whole Lobster with Ginger scallion sauce,

Young Chow Fried Rice (it's the best, and only available at "real chinese restaurants", don't even try to find it panda express)

Preserved mustard pork casserole (if you're on a diet, or you believe in always eating healthy) skip it or just go back on your diet afterwards. My table never ordered this before, but I was pretty sure they would like it, and it was an absolute hit.

Pea tip vegetable with Japanese tofu, okay, confession, I'm in heaven, if you like tofu, this is it. The tofu is the soft silken type.

And finally from my childhood and for all who like authentic ethnic dishes. (whole) ginger scallions Chicken. ( roughly translated from Cantonese (White chopped chicken). I'll load some photos. Enjoy.

Reviewed 10 December 2016 via mobile

Great food. Enjoyed ordering from the picture menu. Tasted fresh and delicious. Great, fast service too.

Reviewed 28 November 2016 via mobile

Excellent - we had the dim sum . They have an egg bun that is out of this world . Get there early as the line fan get long .

Reviewed 19 November 2016

This restaurant was recommended by a friend of the family so we had to try it out. As we walked inside, the place was brightly lit and beautifully decorated. The menu was loaded onto a tablet with pictures and prices. We ordered 5 entrees with white rice and it all came out pretty quick. The dim sum came out first and the har gow was pretty good while the siu mai was just average. Next was the salt and pepper fish fillet, which absolutely had no color and was very bland. The crispy chicken had some of the largest cut pieces I've ever seen and was just average as well. The best one was the tofu and pea tip but the sauce with the corn starch added was inconsistent. The worse was the rice. They brought out 3 bowls of rice, which looked pretty old and off-white in color. When we inquired about it, the waitress said that the rice had been sitting in the rice cooker for awhile and had changed its color. She replaced it with newer rice, which was noticeably different and better. All in all, not bad but definitely rough around the edges.

Reviewed 14 November 2016

I've been going to Ming Hin in Chinatown for years. I'm sooo excited that they opened in the NW Burbs. The food is top notch. Not greasy and made to order. The menu is smaller than Chinatown as the kitchen is smaller (as told by waitress). So they do not have Hot Pots. The decor is great and it's beautiful inside. I recommend this place for everyone to try!