“Just what you want”

Players Pub & Grill
Cuisines: Contemporary
Reviewed 30 June 2017

A true sports bar with good beer a good menu and well prepared food served in a freindly way just what you want on a saturday lunch stop. the freindly staff and good food made it a great experience

Reviewed 24 April 2017

The menu is new and really nice. The food choices are much improved and we had a wonderful meal. The wait staff was top notch and really made us feel at home. Cold beer, excellent food and a great time was had by all. You really need to check out the new menu and food at this local establishment.

Reviewed 8 April 2017

Not sure what to say about the service here. It has been all over the place. I have received very attentive service, mediocre service and a complete lack of service. The last time I was there, the bartender saw me but did not take any drink or food order and I had to go somewhere else to eat. Won't bother going back.

Admittedly, the food here is better than expected for the type of place it is. The parking lot is usually packed with gamblers. They are inside betting on the races and on the five video gaming machines. Depending on the race outcomes, you will sometimes hear them yelling a stream of profanities if their bet didn't pay out. Classy!

Good food, iffy service, crass clientele. Tons of TVs showing sports. That description should let you know if this is the type of place for you. Me? Probably would have loved it a lot more back in my 20s. Now? Not so much.

Ivana-Vanessa H, General Manager at Players Pub & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2017

Hi Brett,
I thank you very much for your review. Any and All feedback helps us grow as a business. I would first like to apologize to you for the service you mentioned at the bar. If you could please email me (vanessa@playerspubgrill.com) with a description of the bartender. That would help me address this issue. We definitely do not tolerate nor strive for that kind of service. As you mentioned, we have a lot going on being a sports bar and OTB, so we would like to make sure all guests have great food and service while visiting. I thank you for the wonderful comments on the food. We offer a chef driven, scratch cooked menu unlike many sports bars. I'm looking forward to hearing from you. Thanks and have a great day.
-Vanessa Henderson (General Manager)

Reviewed 10 March 2017

Food was great on time and hot. you could tell the chief knows what he is doing. keep up the good work

Thanks you very much for the great review!

Reviewed 16 February 2017

We would have come here to see Keith Semple even if not Valentine's Day, but the V-Day special was a nice touch and GREAT value. The food was excellent. We were at Pheasant Run over the weekend and Player's food and service was FAR BETTER!

Thank you for the great review! We hope to see you again!