“ok...”

Players Pub & Grill
Cuisines: Contemporary
Reviewed 31 October 2015

place is super crowded and undergoing construction...food was ok but way overpriced as were the drinks...staff was slow...but was ok overall...

Reviewed 18 September 2015 via mobile

Upon entering, Player's has many of the standard sports bar calling cards. There are lots of TVs, Sports memorabilia on the walls, and electronic gambling devices. The bar has a nice look to it, and the area for eating and drinking is larger than it appears from the outside.

They offer a large selection of craft beers, but domestic and imported, including a large variety on draft. Goose Island, Stone, Dragon's Milk, and several kinds of Leinenkugel standout. The drinks are a bit pricy, but par for the course in the Chicago suburbs.

What impressed me the most, and earned the very positive rating, is the cuisine. They offer burgers, pizza, sandwiches, specialty mac n cheeses, and a dozen or so appetizers. I sampled the Mardi Gras Mac n Cheese, the Ultimate Grilled Cheese, and the Daybreak burger, and the presentation was surprisingly fresh. The orders arrived in a timely fashion, and everything tasted great.

I'll definitely be returning.

Reviewed 9 May 2015

This bar/restaurant was right next to the Motel 6 where I stayed. it was a 2 minute, very safe, walk to get here. They offer OTB on the horses so I passed the night away drinking draft Stellas (they were on special that night) and playing the ponies. Very fun. The staff could be a little more attentive. I did see one of the managers having to give away a free drink to a regular patron who had to wait too long for a refill. The place just wasn't crowded enough for slow service. I ate the chicken sliders and they were delicious. The regular patron told me the food was pretty good but that's hearsay. I can only vouch for what I ate but I'm telling ya, it was really good. They also served late. I ordered around 10:45. They said the kitchen was staying open until 11:00 that night (it was a Wednesday).

Reviewed 28 October 2013

For sure, order the Thai bowl. It had the best Thai flavor that I've ever had..... and this was a sports bar! What a surprise to find this variety and quality of food. My DH had the sweet potato tots which were outstanding. This was a first for them as we usually find only sweet potato fries. Not a fancy place but well worth a stop.

Reviewed 10 August 2013

Our motel’s desk clerk recommended the Players Pub & Grill and we are glad that we took her advice. Their menu contains the usual bar offerings, but it also contains a wide selection of eclectic meals. My Cajun Fettuccini was flavorful and full of sausage, shrimp and chicken. My wife’s French Onion Soup and Summer Salad were both very well presented and delicious. Their selection of Craft Beers and Cocktails is excellent. We spent a pleasant evening at the Players Pup & Grill and we both left very full and satisfied. We are looking forward to eating and drinking at the Players Pub & Grill the next time we are in Prospect Hts. This is not a place to visit if you are with kids/teenagers.