“Roaches, mold and hair everywhere - filthy place!”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Pontoon Beach
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Pontoon Beach
Reviewed 18 November 2011

This is one where a picture is worth a thousand words... this is an "upgraded" room. It has a big jet tub that you couldn't pay me to sit in. The bed is ridiculous - that mattress must be 10 years old You can actually feel the springs! Roaches in the bathroom, clumps of black hair everywhere (I'm blonde so it wasn't mine), and the bathroom had mold everywhere. I'm pretty shocked that Holiday Inn allows this. See pics. Stay anywhere else. There's a Sleep Inn across the way that has a better rating, but honestly I'll stay in St. Louis next time.

Room Tip: Avoid at all costs.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 6 October 2011

For a traveling salesperson, this hotel seems to be better than most. My room had a flatscreen Samsung TV, a mini-fridge, a microwave, and a small kitchen area (including sink). No complaints, except for the overwhelming scent in the hallways. My room smells fine though. The hotel is right next to the municipal building. I see two police cars parked outside, so I doubt crime is a problem here. As for restaurants, your immediate choices are Denny's, McDonalds, and Taco Bell. Who doesn't like Taco Bell?

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 September 2011

The place is moderately clean, the staff is always great.

I stay here when visiting SIU-Edwardsville because I tried some of the other local hotels and they are terrible. I wouldn't book this one if I was on vacation, but for my weekend trips to the school it does fine.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 August 2011

These hotels are always good and the servce at this one was also very good.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 July 2011

Cons: Mostly clean room but VERY stained sheets. The phone system does not function properly. It has keys for Housekeeping/Front Desk/ Maintenance however they don't work. When I called the Front Desk between 11-12am (not sure exact time) off & on for 20 min I got no answer to my call. Night clerk was still working when we checked out & when I asked him what happened to him he didn't know because he WAS there the whole time.
Pros: So I called and spoke to the manager after we got settled. He said the stains were from too much iron content in the water ( it looked like old brown stains from blood but his explanation is plausible). He said he would address the problem immediately and apologized.
We stayed in a room that accomodated 4 children and 3 adults comfortably ( if I could've overlooked the dadburned sheets). It was a quick drive from Lambert International Airport (YAY!) and the bathroom was very clean. We didn't use the pool but it was clean as well and while small, it looked very well maintained. There is also a workout room which I also didn't use. They provide a decent continental breakfast and have a room for internet use and I can't remember for sure about Wi-Fi as I was WAY too tired and concerned about the sheets. ;D

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
9.0 km away
Americas Best Value Inn - Collinsville / St. Louis
8.4 km away
La Quinta Inn & Suites Collinsville - St. Louis

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Pontoon Beach? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about La Quinta Inn & Suites Pontoon Beach

Address: 14 Regency Pkwy, Pontoon Beach, IL 62040-6742 (Formerly Holiday Inn Express Pontoon Beach)
Region: United States > Illinois > Pontoon Beach
Beach Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Pontoon Beach
Price Range: €66 - €102 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2 star — La Quinta Inn & Suites Pontoon Beach 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LaQuinta, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK) and TripOnline SA so you can book your La Quinta Inn & Suites Pontoon Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express Pontoon Beach Hotel Pontoon Beach