All reviews boutique hotel omelet drink tickets free drinks waffles surround sound illinois river river view downtown peoria ironing board walk in shower in town complimentary breakfast sausage shuttle service would definitely stay here again flat screen
Reviewed 14 March 2017 via mobile

Booked this room for a landing pad after a late nite out with the wife. Clean hotel that needs some updating. Staff was very polite and courteous. Hotel is a bit loud as i do not think the walls are very thick. Would prolly go back as the place is priced well. So all i can say is NOT BAD!

Date of stay: January 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Rebecca S, Manager at Mark Twain Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2017

Thank you for posting such kind comments on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay at the Mark Twain Hotel in Peoria, Il. We strive to exceed our guests expectations and I will be sure to pass your complimentary words on to the rest of my team!

Reviewed 7 March 2017

This hotel was primarily selected due to the proximity to the event I was attending and it's good Tripadvisor rating. It was a good choice. We arrived late, had an easy check in. Room was fine. Is it a brand new hotel? No. Could it use some upgrades and remodeling, yes but the staff was pleasant and the breakfast with made to order omelets and waffles was outstanding. Unfortunately the bacon and sausage were not warm. Complaints I saw about housekeeping I found incorrect other than the elevator.

Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Rebecca S, Manager at Mark Twain Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2017

Reviewed 19 February 2017 via mobile

I was looking for a nice place to stay, something from our usual. We came to visit our kids and it was also our anniversary weekend...I was very disappointed in the wifi, it was horrible, and the tv stations were not woman friendly. All the street noise was horrible.from the trains to the sirens.. The breakfast wasn't that great either.. Think I would have done better at a Holiday Inn Express..

Trip type: Travelled with family
Rebecca S, General Manager at Mark Twain Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2017

Reviewed 18 February 2017 via mobile

Got a great AARP rate. Didn't realize Room we booked did not have a bathtub, which I enjoy. The woman at the front desk upgraded our Room with no extra charge! Also great that we got 4 free drinks and will get a breakfast in the morning. We will definitely return. Thanks for being there for us!!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

It is always gratifying to know that our performance was effective and appreciated. I am passing your comments, knowing that it will serve as an inspiration to our staff to continue their efforts. I am grateful you took the time to let us know of your satisfaction.

Reviewed 12 February 2017 via mobile

The Mark Twain is the proverbial good news/bad news story.

First, the good:

A very attractive lobby area with an extensive book collection (but really, who has time to read a novel when staying for a day or two?)

Well-appointed rooms with decor that's fairly unique in hotels in this price range

And now, the bad:

Crumbs, hair, and a hand towel were discovered when we pulled down the covers on the bed. To their credit, we were immediately given another room.

The HVAC unit was linked to a motion detector to save energy, but maybe as a result caused the room to get pretty chilly at night. Once we were up and about in the morning it seemed to work better - although it never really got very warm (but it was acceptable).

The tile in the bathroom could use regrouting, the exhaust fan cover was loose, the sink was cracked on the side, the carpeting is looking worn, and the HVAC unit (or a window?) was causing the carpet to get wet in a small area.

As bad as the above might sound, it really wouldn't keep us from returning. All in all, a good experience. I thought I'd mention these items because if you're the kind of person who expects like-new conditions in a hotel room I wouldn't want you to be disappointed. On the other hand, if you like unique hotels, this will satisfy - as long as you can overlook some of the warts :)

2  Thank BudAndPam