“Loved it”

Haldi Indian Restaurant
Ranked #91 of 416 Restaurants in Peoria
Reviewed 29 September 2016

Since this was only the second time I have been to an Indian restaurant, I am hardly an expert and do not have much of a frame of reference to compare Haldi to. That being said, I really liked it. The dining area is small with closely spaced tables. There was a steady stream of customers in and out while we were there, but it wasn't overly busy and never became crowded. Traditional sounding Indian music played a bit too loudly to be background music, but it was not overly obnoxious. Our server was a very attentive and polite gentleman. He patiently explained menu options, kept us informed on the status of our order, and refilled drinks without having to be asked.

I ordered the Chicken Vindaloo and my wife ordered the Chicken Tikka. We also ordered a side of Butter Naan. The naan was delicious and is a must order accompaniment, in my opinion. Both of our main dishes were outstanding as well. Our server asked how spicy we wanted our food. I chose medium and was happy with the level of spice. My wife thought her mildly spicy chicken was quite spicy, but she is pretty sensitive to hot foods. I tasted it and thought it was very mild. Although our meals did not look like a lot of food when they were delivered to our table, we both were full by the end.

Haldi has a good assortment of Indian food on their menu; vegetarian and meat dishes are both available. The atmosphere of the restaurant is okay and the service is excellent. We will definitely return to Haldi.

Reviewed 3 September 2016

Nice place with mild Indian food, both vegetarians and Nonvegitarians, was like a mini India, as cuisine from North to South East and Wet were available, also Chinese food with Indian flavours..

Reviewed 26 August 2016

We went with family and ordered Biryani. Food was OK but not the ambiance.
The place smells! And it was quick noisy and busy. It has the appeal of a fast-food joint than a dine-in restaurant.

Reviewed 15 June 2016 via mobile

I have the place four stars because we did enjoy the food. I ordered the aloo gobi masala, and my daughter ordered a dal dish. Both were very good, and we found the quantity sufficient. In fact we both took home leftovers. We also had a side of onion naan which was nice and fresh and mango lassis.

It was a different story for my husband. He does not like spicy food and ordered his tandoori chicken mild. The waitress told him that they don't have mild food, only medium and spicy. He got up and went to McDonald's.

Our wait was longer than usual, and after about fifteen minutes, the server told my daughter they were out of dal. We decided to just split my aloo gobi. A few minutes later, my daughter saw the server run to the grocery store and come back with the lentils so she did get her dal, but it took almost 45 minutes for us to get our meals,

I gave Haldi fours stars strictly on the food alone. They should offer mild food for those who don't like spice, and what Indian restaurant runs out of lentils? It would also be nice if they sped up their service.

Reviewed 1 June 2016

Have eaten at Haldi several times now and have enjoyed every meal. It is a small restaurant, always busy but never overcrowded. The prices are good and the menu is varied, everything from vegetarian to goat lovers will be happy. I love the Chicken Tika Masala and the garlic Na'an. I would definitely recommend it to anyone in the area.