All reviews the concierge lounge historic hotel civic center parking garage sky walk fine hotel guest rooms are heart of downtown wedding reception central illinois front desk staff hotel shuttle business trip bed was very comfortable waffles valet skywalk
Reviewed 12 October 2018

Stayed 4 nights for a conference. Beds were super comfy. AC was strong and kept room cold (as I like it!) Oversized shower with good water pressure (frequently the water pressure in hotels is bad!). Hotel features it’s own attached FREE parking garage, and an enclosed skywalk to nearby civic center. Very convenient to hop back and forth from conference!

My only complaint about the hotel was that there was NO MINIFRIDGE in the room! This is 2018... even cheap hotels have minifridges and microwaves! Ice machine was right down the hall, so I managed... but jeez! Buy some minifridges!!

Table 19 is the restaurant inside the hotel. We hit the breakfast buffet (NOT complementary but worth every penny!) and were informed in the custom omelet and waffle station.

I’ve NEVER had waffles as good as these! Not too thick, vanilla dusted whipped cream, strawberries sliced so thin you could see through them! Best. Waffles. EVER!!

Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Sara Z
Reviewed 18 September 2018 via mobile

This facility is tired. It seems that they don’t do all of the every day maintenance that is necessary to keep a hotel nice. For example, I checked in on Saturday and there was a room service tray on the floor in the hallway. That same tray sat on the floor in the same place until Monday night. The brass in the elevators was filthy. I was tempted to skip my exercise and just spend an hour scrubbing it to prove a point about elbow grease and attention to details. My shower door seals had pink mildew all across the bottom. My ironing board pad was filthy and the iron was dirty as well. When cleaning maintenance is neglected on basic and obvious areas, it worries me that other basic cleaning and sanitizing might also be neglected.

On a positive note, all staff members I interacted with were friendly. They brought me a new ironing board and iron promptly. Also, the food from the bar area in the lobby was tasty, fairly priced, and the service was good.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Jada C, Manager at Peoria Marriott Pere Marquette, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2018

Joe3cpa - Thank you for taking the time to provide such detailed feedback from your stay here with us. It is greatly appreciated and your comments will be shared with our management teams in an effort to provide better service to our guests in the aspects you highlighted. We appreciate you choosing to stay here with us and we do hope to see you back again. We take great pride in delivering excellent customer service to our guests and we apologize we did not exceed this expectations during this stay.

Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

This hotel is absolutely beautiful! Upgrades have been done where nessesary and bits of antique treasures have been left alone where available. We stayed the weekend to have time to experience the area, which could be a little sketchy in areas but this hotel is worth visiting. While the rooms are on the smaller side they have been opened up since it’s original design, Doorways still reflect the smaller architecture of days past.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 September 2018

Beautiful, historic hotel in Peoria. Parking garage for convenient parking. Friendly hotel staff. Clean, spacious and comfortable room. Great location in Peoria with several restaurants, bars, breweries and attractions within walking distance and many others just a short drive away.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 September 2018

The staff at this hotel are wonderful. I'm not sure if it was because I have platinum status or because i asked, but they upgraded my kids and i to a beautiful suite. I often get upgraded when i'm traveling for work, but this was unique since my husband and kids were with me, and the person at the front desk wanted to make it a special experience for them. We are definitely going to stay in this hotel for all of our future trips to Peoria.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family