“Poor supervision”

Extended Stay America - Peoria - North
Ranked #21 of 24 Hotels in Peoria
Reviewed 10 August 2016

Stayed here last year for a week and the overall impression was that the property had diminished in quality. The room we were allocated for this week's stay was fine except that the smell of stale tobacco smoke was so strong that that I did not get past the open door. This room was on the third floor . The staff were very helpful and we managed to find a room acceptable on the second floor. The second floor room seemed smaller but was clean. Seems to me that someone in the organization needs to inspect the rooms on a regular basis so that any rooms with the forbidden tobacco odors can be refreshed. A/C is noisy.
On the positive side their breakfast was excellent with a good variety including hot food.

Room Tip: Top floor is best but its a good idea to check out the room before carting up all your baggage.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Peoria - North, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2016

Your review for our hotel was recently brought to my attention. Your comments in regards to our breakfast are much appreciated; yet, I was disheartened to read that the smell of your room was not up to par. I discussed your comments with our team, and we are working to make sure no room ever smells of smoke again. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at pen@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Reviewed 28 April 2016 via mobile

My visit to this location was outstanding. The customer service from the front desk was incredible. Cali was always aware of my stay being extended. Each morning there was no hassel to continue my stay. If i needed utensils, towels or local information she was always attentive. A plus.... Also the night staff was very good when requested help for lost key cards and house keeping.. Management was courtesy and was very helpful. Overalll great team....

Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Peoria - North, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2016

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I am proud of our staff for providing you with exceptional customer service and a great stay! Once more, thank you for posting your review. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.

Reviewed 26 March 2016

I am a customer that stay at the Extended Stay when in town. However, I was really surprised when I entered my room and found body hairs on the sink counter top and the bath tub was wet as if someone just took a shower. The bathroom sink was dirty as well. I went to the receptionist to inform them of the filth and how it spoiled my appetite because I had food that I was ready to sit down to eat!!! They gave me another room, however it was still not clean but better than the other room. So I had to go to the CVS and purchase some Clorox wipes and Clorox spray to clean the room myself!! You need to hire some employees to clean and do the job for what they get paid to do!

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank brionna2016
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Peoria - North, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2016

I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. Please know that we are sincerely sorry for the room conditions you experienced. I met with the staff, and we will review our cleaning and room inspection procedures to ensure that your experience is not repeated. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at pen@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.

Reviewed 1 March 2016

It was a quiet night, safe, no bugs, no issues. I was only looking for an inexpensive motel stay for the night. This fit the bill, no frills. The hot water was pretty hot out of the shower but is pretty easy to control. Its rare to find a motel with hot enough water.

Room Tip: My needs are pretty easy.
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Peoria - North, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2016

It is so rewarding to read that you had a pleasant stay with us. Thank you for your comments. I’m thrilled that you found our hotel to be a great value! The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed 26 February 2016 via mobile

Staff is very friendly and willing to help you in any way they can all the staff were excellent to me however there is two that stand out in particular one is barb the housekeeper she is friendly bubbly and easy to talk to and always found time to say hi or sit and talk when her shift was done and she's waiting for a ride and always said good morning and asked how I was doing every morning she saw me which is really the whole staff did too and cali who works on second shift I found out my friend was in the hospital and instead of trying to take the bus she gave me one of her free cab vouchers so I wouldn't have to go out in the dark I really appreciated that the rooms are very well kept. Need an ice machine here I know they give you trays for your ro
om but you need a ice machin also. The bed is very comfortable and there is plenty of room in the rooms to to walkaround around and they give you a nice recliner to sit in I would highly recommend this to anyone staff should be honored to know that their service is so good

Stayed: February 2016, travelled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Peoria - North, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2016

Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. It’s great to read that we were able to accommodate your needs with a home away from home experience and exceptional customer service! Once more, thank you for posting your review. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.