“Robin will take care of you”
Review of Studio 6 Pekin

Studio 6 Pekin
Studio 6 Pekin
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Pekin
Reviewed 11 September 2016

I am giving 5 stars for the exemplary service shown by the desk clerk, Robin when we came yesterday 9/10/16. When my fiance and I stayed briefly due to a cancelled concert, she was so caring and professional with us. We were so grateful to have a positive experience happen after our disappointment. Robin was the epitome of hospitality and kindness and we want to praise her for it on TripAdvisor and Yelp. I hope her employers see this and pass along our gratitude.

For the room(s) itself: we weren't happy with the first room we were given due to air quality from the air conditioner. Robin did a fantastic job addressing our concerns and immediately placed us into a second emergency room, which was already very clean, fresh, and appeared ready for guests. The bed was made, towels hung, and everything was already in place. I believe that this was an 'emergency room' because it wasn't as updated as their new non-smoking standards (e.g., the sink had old cigarette stains). It seems that they have just updated their policy to have every room to be non-smoking, so we understand it is a process. For those who want stricter policies for smoking, do note that it seems some people still try to smoke on the premises instead of in their room. Keeping in mind that this is an inn, we were very satisfied with the Concorde's clean rooms with free wi-fi for a decent price.

I can't speak to the attached restaurant, McCritters, but I thought it was great how convenient it is to be able to walk in through the door connected to the lobby. We did not use the pool or the business center but they were available. I liked that parking was available all around the inn, so that we could park the car where we could see from our window. I also appreciated that the inn was very visible and on a main road.

Overall, if we needed to make the choice again, we would come back to Concorde Inn & Suites just because of the above-and-beyond service we received. Thank you, Robin.

Room Tip: No elevators, stairs only.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TracyM-Chicago

Reviewed 25 June 2016 via mobile

It was dirty and it smelled! Nothing in the rooms not even a hair dryer! Very old and outdated! The air conditioner was from the 1970's. Never kicks off. Everything like the beds and carpet felt damp. Just very uncomfortable.
The bed very uncomfortable the plug ends were all loose they wouldn't stay plugged in! We walked around the pool side and someone had a barbecue grill lit by the pool unsupervised.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
William G, Owner at Studio 6 Pekin, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2016

Sorry you had a bad experience. I wrote to you before, but it looks as if you didn't receive the message. You came into our hotel and needed a room. Pekin's hotel were full and we were to. My front desk person gave you an off the market room. It was marked to be remodeled and should have never been rented. It was clean but the air-conditioning was turned off and that is why it was damp. I am sorry and have already given the order that no off the market rooms will be rented even if the client demands one. We have been given high marks at our hotel and have many returning customers.

William T. Griffin Owner

Reviewed 3 September 2015

My kids absolutely loved being able to swim outside during our stay. We came into town to visit family so we only needed a place to sleep, but my kids wanted to come back to the hotel so they could swim. Staff very friendly. Older hotel but clean.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 August 2015 via mobile

We stayed here for one night, were excited as they were pet friendly. Room seemed fairly standard, reasonably clean, suited us well. We noticed when we reached our final destination the next day, after our night at the Concorde Inn, that our dog had picked up fleas!! Also, I had awoken with what I thought was a rash on my face but have since realized it was flea bites! We called the inn, spoke with the manager who insisted it could not have been this hotel where we picked them up. They were nice enough to grant us a free night on our next visit, which happened to be four days later for the birth of a family member. Upon arrival into a new room, not their pet friendly room, just a regular room, we found fleas in the bathtub and some sort of bugs flying around in the room itself. The front desk, while nice enough, could do little for us but offer another room. Two rooms on opposite sides of the hotel on two separate floors within a four day period, both with fleas? Unacceptable! Unless you like waking up fleabitten and itchy, do not stay here!!

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 August 2015 via mobile

We just made a quick trip to Pekin. Not extravagant but not bad. Older hotel and rooms show it but are clean and well kept. People were really nice at the reception desk. I slept well and would book again. Wife not real impressed but me myself would use again. Entrance to rooms are on the outside of building which some people may not like but doesn't bother me. I give it an average rating.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family